996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My low oil pressure light keeps goin on, is there a way to turn it off or silence it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 PM
s4gotten has a spectacular aura abouts4gotten has a spectacular aura abouts4gotten has a spectacular aura about
My low oil pressure light keeps goin on, is there a way to turn it off or silence it?

Porsche says its just the sender unit, my oil pressure seems to be fine. I know the easy aswer is to replace the unit. Until then I wanna drive without hearing the warning noise go off constantly. I was thinking pulling some kinda fuse or unding some wire or some.carputer trick might work. Also does anyone have a link or part number for what I need to correct this problem. Also is it a DIY project or more worth to pay to have it done?

Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s4gotten
Porsche says its just the sender unit, my oil pressure seems to be fine. I know the easy aswer is to replace the unit. Until then I wanna drive without hearing the warning noise go off constantly. I was thinking pulling some kinda fuse or unding some wire or some.carputer trick might work. Also does anyone have a link or part number for what I need to correct this problem. Also is it a DIY project or more worth to pay to have it done?
You turn off the warning by replacing the pressure sensor. Do not disable anything.

PN: 996 606 203 02 (supersceded from 996 606 203 00)

Old 04-07-2012, 10:46 PM
RennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of light
Sender is double duty, works both the dummy light and the gauge. Replace it as suggested. Bypassing something that otherwise advises you of the condition of a sub $25K engine isn't the smartest thing this side of the fence.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
You should really replace the old unit. Mine started to do the same thing, so I'm having it replaced with the other work that is in-progress at my local tuner. If you're doing it yourself, it would save a bit of knuckle skin by dropping the engine a few inches first.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Check the wires, move them about see if it starts working again. Otherwise replace the unit as stated before.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:10 AM
s4gotten has a spectacular aura abouts4gotten has a spectacular aura abouts4gotten has a spectacular aura about
Terminator where would I find the switch and wires?

Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by s4gotten
Terminator where would I find the switch and wires?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nder-unit.html

See jpflip photo down the thread...