996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

riddle me this one.. more Effing problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Savetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud of
riddle me this one.. more Effing problems

ok guys here is another one for all of you

the car wont start,

-when I turn the ignition on I hear the fuel pump.
-THe car is not throwing any codes, I checked with durametric and zero
-there is a lot of gas smell

What I have done:
-i checked all the relays that are in the back next to the ECU and they are all fine.
-tried short circuting the switch by the clutch pedal and still nothing.
-battery is fine

What could be causing this? some articles and DIY would be appreciated it

Old 04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Is it possible for you to check the fuel pressure with a gauge connected next to the fuel filter. The pressure should be 3.8 bars (55 pounds)with the engine not running.... To eliminate the fuel pressure being low due to a broken loop hose on the pump....

Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Savetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud ofSavetheclutch has much to be proud of
The fuel filter is next to thr intake right? so just unplug a hose and connect a pressurd gage?
i am stck with the car in my garage as a tow truck cant get in and most mechanics around dont really know these cars

Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
On the left side. You will see a round aluminum can with a T fitting on it. That is where you can get fuel pressure.

More info here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...sure-test.html

Attached Images  

Last edited by jpflip; 04-10-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 PM
thank u! i will try it tomorrow when i have more light.. Mine looks different though, aftermarker probably

Old 04-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Just found out on Rennlist that your engine is not cranking, the starter is not turning??? Forgot about the fuel issue, you got something related to the starter that is wrong or the ignition switch!

Last edited by jpflip; 04-10-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 PM
ill take a video tomorrow

Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
what is doing when you try to start. i think there were issues with some intank hoses damage that will cause no fuel pressure and car won't start. in this case it should still crank. if its not cranking, it may be the starter. video with sound would help

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 AM
I am going to take a video today.

what is peculiar to me is the gas smell

Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 AM
yeah that is in my list of things to check

Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
try to jump start it.. if it fires up then its the alternator

but the smell of gas is a little scary.. i only got that when i changed my fuel filter!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
I had this issue after my car went under the knife the 1st time.

Driving home, car lost power. Went to restart nothing. Strong fuel smell. The culprit was a failed fuel line connector on the backside of the fuel filter.

You can easily remove the airbox. The filter is on the left, rear of the engine next to the turbo air collector box. If you smell fuel and the car cranks but dont start and the pump is good, my money is on an interrupted fuel line.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by andresito360
Mine looks different though, aftermarker probably
How different does it look? Is is a fuel filter and not a aftermarket fuel pump (044)?

Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 PM
guys re-reading this I realized I ommited some things..

the first time it happened the car would not start, I have a neighboor who is into old muscle cars. He told me to cover the exhaust and try and it started right away according to him old cars without cats and mufflers did this (my car runs straight pipes)

I have not tried that again, but after it started the first time it ran fine for a few days, I even took it on the highway and no problems whatsoever.

both times that it happened was after driving the car for a while, I went home to change clothes and when I went back outside the car would not start.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by tvurt
How different does it look? Is is a fuel filter and not a aftermarket fuel pump (044)?
I'll take a pic, it is smaller than the one in the pic and it is red and blue I think.. looks like a fuel pump to me because I had something similar in an old nissan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: riddle me this one.. more Effing problems