996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone here own Diablo 6.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
Allan,

Would you say the Diablo SV is a better car than the MURCI. What I mean by better is........which would be the better all around performance car of both.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Banned
allanlambo is infamous around these parts
Depends what kind of performance you want. Straightline, the SV is definately faster. On a track, the Murci is definately faster.The SV is a much more raw and visceral experience. Dont get me wrong though, the Murci is an awesome car, but the SV is far more sinister looking.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:33 PM
You think the SV would be more of a collectable than the Murci

Old 05-29-2005, 03:00 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Orli930
You think the SV would be more of a collectable than the Murci
Thats for certain.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
SV is definatly more collectable than a murci.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Whats the bigeest difference betweeen a SV and a 6.0 or are they pretty much the same car? I am not knowledgeable on the Lambo cars

Old 05-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Banned
Biggest difference is weight. Sv weighs in at 3366pds stock, The 6.0 is over 3700pds. SV is rear wheel drive only, 6.0 is 4 wheel drive.

Old 05-29-2005, 02:54 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
I had a PERFECT yellow '98 SV with under 1500 miles which I sold to by my TT

I miss the Lambo in the worst way, the looks, the feel, the COMPLETE leather interior, the rawness and the doors, the sound of the Tubi with no cats

I could not financially have both so I chose the TT due to the fact that it is WAY more street driveable

Hey you never know someday I may get another one but I know it will never be as pristine as my previous example!

Buddy, look for a '98 SV
The car is 2 wheel drive, has pop up headlights and no frills interior
The 6.0 interior is too busy and kit car looking and many of them do not have factory wings, also the air intakes are killer on the SV
If you look hard enough you will find a really nice one in the 130-150 range
Also another cool example is the '94 SE30 but has smaller brakes and smaller wheels/tires, car looks sick in purple, I came real close to buying one before the SV
Another thing I liked about the Lambo was I did a full Tubi, modified carbon airboxes, radar and I was done!
I purchased mine from Symbolic, great bunch of guys

Last edited by vipertestarossa; 05-29-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Banned
Originally posted by vipertestarossa
I had a PERFECT yellow '98 SV with under 1500 miles which I sold to by my TT

I miss the Lambo in the worst way, the looks, the feel, the COMPLETE leather interior, the rawness and the doors, the sound of the Tubi with no cats

I could not financially have both so I chose the TT due to the fact that it is WAY more street driveable

Hey you never know someday I may get another one but I know it will never be as pristine as my previous example!

Buddy, look for a '98 SV
The car is 2 wheel drive, has pop up headlights and no frills interior
The 6.0 interior is too busy and kit car looking and many of them do not have factory wings, also the air intakes are killer on the SV
If you look hard enough you will find a really nice one in the 130-150 range
Also another cool example is the '94 SE30 but has smaller brakes and smaller wheels/tires, car looks sick in purple, I came real close to buying one before the SV
Another thing I liked about the Lambo was I did a full Tubi, modified carbon airboxes, radar and I was done!
I purchased mine from Symbolic, great bunch of guys
Good write up. A 996TT is definately more daily driveable than the Diablo, not so much because the Diablo is hard to drive, but because people are always harrassing you, parking etc.

I also looked at buying an SE, my biggest turnoff was the windows, and the wheels.

Old 05-29-2005, 04:11 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by allanlambo
Good write up. A 996TT is definately more daily driveable than the Diablo, not so much because the Diablo is hard to drive, but because people are always harrassing you, parking etc.

I also looked at buying an SE, my biggest turnoff was the windows, and the wheels.
Yeah the windows turned me off as well but I love those wheels even if they are 17"

And yes everytime I drove the car I was harrased with video cameras and kids in little imports attempting to race
Luckily I had pitch black windows
BTW, I have seen pics of your car and it is absolutely amazing!
I think the car looks best in yellow and white
My interior was snowcorn

Old 05-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Banned
Originally posted by vipertestarossa
Yeah the windows turned me off as well but I love those wheels even if they are 17"

And yes everytime I drove the car I was harrased with video cameras and kids in little imports attempting to race
Luckily I had pitch black windows
BTW, I have seen pics of your car and it is absolutely amazing!
I think the car looks best in yellow and white
My interior was snowcorn
I agree on the colors. I would of most likely done yellow, but my 1992 Diablo was yellow, so i wanted a change. There is a really nice 99 yellow Sv on ebay right now.

How was the reliability on yours?

Old 05-29-2005, 07:19 PM
The only issue I had was the left side parking brake cable froze from non usage but other than that the car was very solid

Old 05-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Banned
Cool, mine has also been trouble free for 7 years now. If you drive them, they are great, let them sit, as anything, and you're in for trouble.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I was told that Diablo's have tons of problems. I heard many people said the suspension raising kit on the 6.0 breaks very easily, and it is costly to fix. I think the 6.0 is the best Diablo, and probobly the best looking car for 150 grand.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Banned
Originally posted by Chordate
I was told that Diablo's have tons of problems. I heard many people said the suspension raising kit on the 6.0 breaks very easily, and it is costly to fix. I think the 6.0 is the best Diablo, and probobly the best looking car for 150 grand.
That is not true. I have the front lifting system on my car, and never had a problem. The people who have a problem with them, are the ones who drive around with the car always lifted, causing them to leak. Diablo engine and tranny wise, is virtually bullitproof.

As for a 6.0 for 150K, good luck. Not gonna happen. Nice examples are 170-180K.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here own Diablo 6.0