996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pioneer Appradio 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 AM
SCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to behold
Pioneer Appradio 2

I just got my car and there are some things that need to be addressed... car is bone stock aside from rims, so I'll get going on a tune & exhaust in the next week or two but first things first.

I wanted to know if anyone on the boards has this set up? With how damn good the iPhone 4s is and being able to use all the sat nav apps as well as integrated apps this system looks awesome... can anyone chime in with personal experience?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...28SPH-DA100%29

Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
It looks great, and think its an excellent idea. It has however had some pretty rough reviews for the earlier models. Let's us know if you go down this route.

Congrats on the new car! Which tune and exhaust are you going for? I've tried several exhausts and have just ordered the Speedtech 3.0- really looking forward to this one. On the flash- I have had the EPL for over two years and love it.

Originally Posted by SCinfidel
I just got my car and there are some things that need to be addressed... car is bone stock aside from rims, so I'll get going on a tune & exhaust in the next week or two but first things first.

I wanted to know if anyone on the boards has this set up? With how damn good the iPhone 4s is and being able to use all the sat nav apps as well as integrated apps this system looks awesome... can anyone chime in with personal experience?

Old 04-14-2012, 08:11 AM
SCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to beholdSCinfidel is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Etchhead
It looks great, and think its an excellent idea. It has however had some pretty rough reviews for the earlier models. Let's us know if you go down this route.

Congrats on the new car! Which tune and exhaust are you going for? I've tried several exhausts and have just ordered the Speedtech 3.0- really looking forward to this one. On the flash- I have had the EPL for over two years and love it.
I guess the 2nd edition is much smoother(faster processor) but I'm gonna go in to a local shop and play today. I'll let you know if I go that way.

As far as exhaust/flash, I have no idea and it really is dizzying with all the options(good problem to have for sure). I have read a lot of good things about quite a few... Tell me more about the EPL. GIAC is local for me too, I have a lot of studying to do.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
I think Sony has something similar called Mirrorlink. Might be worth taking a look at, not sure how it rates though.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Now that looks like a great setup. I may consider this.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Read a few reviews of the Sony and it got beat up during CES.

How did the AppRadio2.0 demo go?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Read a few reviews of the Sony and it got beat up during CES.

How did the AppRadio2.0 demo go?
Went ok.. it still bogs at start up and I guess has freeze up problems. Really I think I am going for a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH. I can use a lot of the same apps just not quite as pretty but I get to use CD's, DVD's etc. and have a bulletproof platform.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by SCinfidel

It looks great but I wonder if you can only replace your stock head unit with this piece without repaceing all other stock amp, speakers and CD changer?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by S4corrado996TT
It looks great but I wonder if you can only replace your stock head unit with this piece without repaceing all other stock amp, speakers and CD changer?
Not sure but I'm going thru everything ; new amp, mids, highs and one 8" sub.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 AM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
I have had bad luck with Pioneer touch screens going bad. They sit in the sun and the calibration gets messed up. Had my last Pioneer screen go out 3 times. I have been using Kenwood ever since. Same options and it has been rock solid. If you read reviews from car audio stores and forums, Kenwood rules.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by BOOSTTT
I have had bad luck with Pioneer touch screens going bad. They sit in the sun and the calibration gets messed up. Had my last Pioneer screen go out 3 times. I have been using Kenwood ever since. Same options and it has been rock solid. If you read reviews from car audio stores and forums, Kenwood rules.
So funny, I had 1 bad experience with Pioneer in an '02 Audi S6 and after research heard the same thing. Good call on your part and I'll probably go Kenwood too. What other components are you running? I like a broad range of music which does include hip-hop on occasion and wonder if 1 8" is enough.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if you can see into the back in this pic, but it's an Alpine R-series 10" sub. The enclosure is high desity fiber board 3/4 inch on bottom and sides and fiberglass that domes up in the middle for a reverse mounted sub. in a vented enclosure. The reverse mount allows for big subs that just won't fit. (can see fine out the back still) The door and rears are Boston Acoustics. 6.5 doors and 4.5 rears, running off an Alpine PDX-5. That amp can't push that sub, so I have an old-school MTX Blue Thunder Pro that pounds it. I did the GPS/Head unit and Amp install, but had a shop do the door speakers, custom sub enclosure and wiring. First time I let a shop do stereo work on any car, but didn't want to deal with all the stuff in the way of the door speakers.

The best amp I have ever used is in my 300ZXTT...Punch 150 25 to life anniversary addition. Find one and get it!!! I love the old-school amps. Deep Deep bass and will run forever. I have a Punch 150 that I have been using since 1986. I love those amps.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Quick pics:

Last edited by BOOSTTT; 04-18-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 PM
I talked to the guys at Gold Star Audio in Irvine and I changed things up a bit... Going 2 JL 8" subs, Focal mids/tweets and Arc Audio amp. He also said that the Appradio 2 coming out is supposed to be way better. The one I checked was a 1, and the 2's arrive this week I guess. I'll let you know what I do but the GoldStar does a lot of custom stuff and they do the custom work for Eurocar and a lot of high-end enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 AM
JL's are my favorite subs, but I would go with one 10 over 2 8's....Deeper tones.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pioneer Appradio 2