996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

dead battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 05:41 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
You posted a question and the awnser is right in the above posts .

And depending what shape the battery is in the charger should give it enough juice to pop the hood.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by djantlive
if you hook a 12v battery to the terminal in the fuse box, the electric front trunk release should work. manual covers that. i think you are charging from the fuse box which isn't working since the battery can't be charged any longer.
It's been 12 hours with the battery tender and still not enough juice.

I will try looking it up in the manual but where exactly is the fuse box and what fuse # is for the hood release?

Any picts would be great

Thanks

Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Pictures I took just for you !

Location of the fuse box. Location of the positive post (terminal A). Location of the positive post (after pulling it out)....On the second post you will found where you should connect your negative (the door hook or latch striker).

Attached Images    

Last edited by jpflip; 10-21-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Here is where you should connect the black or negative of your external battery. The door hook or latch striker. (terminal B)

Attached Images   

Last edited by jpflip; 10-21-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:47 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jpflip
Pictures I took just for you !

Location of the fuse box. Location of the positive post (terminal A). Location of the positive post (after pulling it out)....On the second post you will found where you should connect your negative (the door hook or latch striker).
I am speechless.That is way more then I asked for. I can not thank you enough for your help & time.

Dedicatin to learn and to help others is what makes us all come here on the enthusiast web sites

jpflip & 6 Speed rocks (could not find the appropriate similie for rocking though )

Btw, I couldn't find the manual either, must be in the trunk.

Thanks once again

Old 10-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Happy to help you "quick" but you realize this is an answer for a 996TT and I hope it will work on a 997TT. Let me know if it is the same set-up.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 AM
The fuse box lay out is slightly different but I was able to figure it out.

Anyway, tried using one of these and after hooking the cables up, nothing happened.

I used the stting that read (75 AMP/12 Volts/jump start) and still nothing happened.

Even my key is stuck in the key hole which I am unable to get out.

Do I need to get the jumper cables and hook them up to another battery and do it that way?

Thanks

Attached Images  

Last edited by quick; 10-21-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I think you should get a battery with jumper connected as per previous post. May be your battery tender does not supply enough amperage to get the hood to open. The key is stuck ????

Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 AM
I think you should get a battery with jumper connected as per previous post. May be your battery tender does not supply enough amperage to get the hood to open. The key is stuck ????
Would taking the battery out from one of the other cars do or does it have to be a specific battery ?

Yeah, the key is still in the car and I can turn it as If I am starting the car but I can't get it out?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Any 12 volts battery should work as long it is charge!!!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Will try that in about an hour and will report back.

Thanks once again

Old 10-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Will not start even with the new battery using the jumper cables

The manual says open the lid using the remote button but the problem is my dang key is stuck in the igniyion and the lid latch will not work

So what's the plan B

Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Obviously you don't have a second key..... The other choice you have is to found the cable release behind the front right hand wheel well cover....See pics post #7....I am nervous when you say "will not start" I hope you mean will not open. Because this red post in the fuse box should be used only to open the front bonnet to eventually connect a battery charger to the battery.... The key is stock in the door or the ignition?

Last edited by jpflip; 10-21-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Obviously you don't have a second key..... The other choice you have is to found the cable release behind the front right hand wheel well cover....See pics post #7....I am nervous when you say "will not start" I hope you mean will not open. Because this red post in the fuse box should be used only to open the front bonnet to eventually connect a battery charger to the battery.... The key is stock in the door or the ignition?
Yes I did not try starting the car So do I need the take the wheel off to look for that cable?

Funny and frustrating 'coz last time I tried taking the wheel off it was stuck too and I didn't try very hard 'coz I was afraid I might damage the PCCB.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Remember, my instructions are for 996TT!!!! You have to work on the key and found a way to unstuck it. This is the sad part....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dead battery