996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TechArt/Studio Photo Shoot (pics Endra/Fred)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 12:07 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking TechArt/Studio Photo Shoot (pics Endra/Fred)

Hi everyone,
Well Endra and I had time this past weekend to get some professional shots taken of our TechArts. We had RonKimballStudios do the shooting.
We met up at 6:45am near 92 and 280 for sunrise shots. We then went up and down 280 for action shots.

We will get the shots back from the photo lab this Thursday. From what he has told me the shots are incredible. I will of course show everyone high output shots once I get them.

Here are some shots that
Endra took

and here are some Polaroids I scanned from my car being shot at Ron's Studio.

Old 10-22-2003, 12:33 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I can't wait to see these!!! Are you still interested in the calendar idea?
I just ordered my 8.0 Megapixel camera and can't wait to get it and take some really killer photos.

Old 10-22-2003, 12:34 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
What was the cost of the shoot if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-22-2003, 12:49 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Ken, I will find out what the total cost is. Right now I think it will be around $500-$750 per car. He will give me a discount as I gave him the ok to use my shots for Calendars he might produce in the future.

What I need to do as well is negotiate with him the costs of getting the shots scanned and put on a DVD for me. Each photo I believe is over 33 megs. I will also have them print out large size prints and frame them. I will use those for my garage and give one to my Dealer for their showroom.

Most likely I will post photos end of week.

What camera did you end up getting?

Old 10-22-2003, 01:47 AM
KPV
I currently have the Sony DSC-F707. It is a 5.0 Megapixel camera. It has some pretty cool features like nightframing wherein you can focus and take a picture in complete and utter blackness. It uses a laser grid to sense the distnace in the dark, it is kind of cool seeing this spiderweb pattern of lasers emitted onto the subject. Of course you have night vision and it can record video as well. I have been very happy with it.
Sony is about to release a brand new one though and I just ordered it. It is the DSC-F828. It has all of the same features plus 8 Megapixels and a ground breaking RGBE sensor that is touted to increase color rendition sustantially. It also has a full magnesioum body. I know I am very happpy with the image quality of the current one so I have to believe this one will knock its socks off. I previously had a DSC-F505 and a DSC-F505V. I guess I like those Sony's!!
Here is a link to a preliminary review:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/sonydscf828/
Here is a photo of the camera:

Last edited by KPV; 10-22-2003 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:50 AM
KPV
You may have to right click on the pictures and click "Show picture" if they show up as red X's.

Old 10-22-2003, 06:20 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Slightly Off Topic

OT: Ken, I am too looking to upgrade my digi camera...Did you consider the digital slr's out there? Ie: Cannon's digital rebel $1,000 or the Cannon D10 approx. $2,000 with lense. I am, torn with the idea of going slr or not..Like the interchange lenses, but am starting to think that the Sony DSC-F828 is the way to go and it may suffice for 90% of my photo needs. Can you give me any impressions about your experience with Sony and what you like about this camera? It Looks cool!!! Thanks,
Chris

Attached Images  

Last edited by rockitman; 10-22-2003 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:43 AM
Parker is infamous around these parts
Fred, you have PM

Old 10-22-2003, 08:56 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I want that DVD please...
Hopefully I will be joining the Techart club soon

Old 10-22-2003, 10:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
that's it...looks like my next wheels will be 543Rs...sorry fred, hope you don't mind

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 10-22-2003, 11:25 AM
KPV
Fred,
We are all itching to see those pics. Get on it man!!

Old 10-22-2003, 03:58 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Fred, I wish I would have known - I would have stopped by to say hello.
Ron shot one of my motorcycle many years ago (for me personally, and for the magazine article also), and as you know - he is superb!!

Old 10-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I would get the Cannon D10 over the sony. Dont get me wrong, the sony is a great camera ( an excelent camera accualy), but the D10 is suposedly better, and cannon is a camera company, plus its 800 bucks more, so it is in a different catagory then the sony. At the low end, I would not get a sony if the camera does not have a Carl Zies lense, their other lense sucks. I have the s400 digital elf, great camera (highly recomended on DPReview), for a good price.

Old 10-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
For maximum portability, Pentax Optio S4 is second to none. The Elph is mediocre.

Old 10-22-2003, 09:54 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
I cant wait for the final pics aswell...

I was a thrilled to see Fred's toy again.... driving neck to neck with him in the HWY was so much fun.

and thanks to Daniel@BeastPower for the fast shipping of the "Turbo" emblemsss

latez,
Endra

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt/Studio Photo Shoot (pics Endra/Fred)