996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rigging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Apex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the rough
Rigging

So my friend Steven wanted some help building his rig so I obliged. After we finished, we decided to take some quick shots (yes I know rig shots are played). Here are the results:

The photos were taken by Steven Pham the editing was done by myself.

-Matt

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Pretty cool pics! Any shots of the rig?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
You have inspired me to stop procrastinating and create my own auto rigging. Curious if this was a single car rig or shot with a chase car (w/ rigging)? Not sure, but I think I spy a little blurring from clone tool or patch repair in the reflections off the hood of the red VW shot. So leaning towards a single car rigging setup with post-processing to remove the car rig mast.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Apex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the rough
Chad, here you go here is a behind the scene shot:

Renaissance.Man: glad to hear! This was a single rig shot attached to the car being photographed. Oddly, I did not touch the hood in the VW shot. That photo doesn't have much photoshopping. The porsche on the other hand I did a considerable amount of photoshopping to get rid of this horrible street light glare and to brighten up the front. If you have any questions let me know.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Apex Factor
Renaissance.Man: glad to hear! This was a single rig shot attached to the car being photographed. Oddly, I did not touch the hood in the VW shot. That photo doesn't have much photoshopping. The porsche on the other hand I did a considerable amount of photoshopping to get rid of this horrible street light glare and to brighten up the front. If you have any questions let me know.
Cool -great job on photoshopping then. I like your cable suspension rigging design. With the limited pipe diameter and low weight requirements, it is common for rigs to bend under its own weight. Looks like that cable should cleverly solve that issue.

I already ordered a Manfrotto Magic Arm, a couple of pump-actuated suction cups, and several Manfrotto superclamps.

If you have any more images of your rig cabling or any other links for similar designs, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!