996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Invitational: King of the Streets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Holy Smoke!!!
Your car looks damn FAST!
You started from 60 on third gear?? wow

Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Powell has been kind of quite, wonder why he wasn't at this event?

Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Great job Todd!!!!!!! 3rd place finish is great......too bad I had a shifting issue or it would have been fun to run you. I was around 185-190 at the finish on my various runs and had a blast. It was fun running MBailey in round 1....Mike did you have any in car video for our run?
Peter

Last edited by houstonT; 04-30-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:42 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
TI was a very enjoyable and well run event. It was great to rub elbows with serious car enthusiasts of all the different straight line cars! At least 5 TT Lambos were there along with turbo several Vipers and at least one tt FGT. Of course there were scores of turbo or sc mustangs and vettes. The Lambos seemed unbeatable when they were on but suffered from many different but difficult to characterize issues during the event, apparently more related to software problems than actual breakages, but the verdict was still out on some of the cars at the time the event was over.

Todd and I were the only P car guys that ran. I cant overstate how well Todd represented the 996TT and our forum!! He just continued to beat seemingly more powerful opponents in the KOS competition. Highlighted but the defeat of an 1100+whp FGT. Many folks came by and gave the P cars another look in our paddock after Todds performance.

As for me, I nosed Todd while he was playing around with boost settings on his "slipping" clutch. (I swear Todd everyone should learn that sandbagging strategy! LOL!) I also defeated a 700whp sc Z06. I lost to a very powerful Mustang (ouch!). And had the pleasure of being crushed by Peter's UGR Superleggera in the first round of KOS!

Regardless of the losses, it was a great time and good to get to meet Peter, Jamie, Amar, Bob, and Jason (Mullet).

Originally Posted by houstonT
It was fun running MBailey in round 1....Mike did you have any in car video for our run?
Peter
Yes, I have some but you are not in the frame for long! LOL! If you want it I can drop box it to you once I edit it.

Last edited by MBailey; 04-30-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Another Video Mullet vs Fast beetle lol

Old 04-30-2012, 06:17 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8
Another Video Mullet vs Fast beetle lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKsFk...e_gdata_player

That's a great vid. It's awesome of mullet to post it. He's a great guy. It was a pleasure to
drag him.

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 04-30-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by S-351
Powell has been kind of quite, wonder why he wasn't at this event?
Congrats Todd! Car is rolling out!

Bryant the car is sitting in my garage with no front bumper currently. I have been chasing radiator issues and honestly haven't had time to mess with it. I've spent last month or more finishing a flip house then we started work on our personal shop. Which honestly I'd rather finish toying with the car there considering we now have 4500sq ft. of shop space and 1/2 acre of land, our own personal Dynojet 248 capable of 2000rwhp and 2000rwtq, multiple lifts, all the tools, a hot bath, etc... It's a project Matt and I have wanted to do forever, so it's taken over all of our plates. I swapped to the 1.06 A/R housings a few weeks back and a few hour max project took a few days because we worked like an hour or less a night. Just been drained and same with Matt. We plan on setting aside some time tomorrow to buy the parts to fix the radiator and when they start pouring the concrete and excavating (sp?) the dyno pit on Thursday we will probably finish the car. I still need to get with Justin after to make some tuning changes, but like I said my mind/time has been in other projects. I post pictures of what we are working on the car 99% of the time on my FB which plenty of 6speed/UGR Customers/etc. all can attest to. Sometimes just don't feel a need to make a huge post on here.

-Chris

Old 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bad107
did you get your engine botailed or shuffle pinned?
Heck no.

Not sure on the head bolt size, however.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-30-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
That's a great vid. It's awesome of mullet to post it. He's a great guy. It was a pleasure to
drag him.
With that great top-end. What kind of 100-150 your car ran?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Nope, he came up to me after and said that he shifts too slow and loses boost. He complimented me on my shifting skills. YOU HEAR THAT TTBOOST???
Even if he shifted fast, he would have needed another 150-200 HP to pull you from a roll.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 PM
I said this before in the other thread, but OUTSTANDING job, Todd. You're the man, bro!

Mike - Awesome job to you as well! You did extremely well at your power level!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:47 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Mike, yes please to the vid...

Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I said this before in the other thread, but OUTSTANDING job, Todd. You're the man, bro!

Mike - Awesome job to you as well! You did extremely well at your power level!

Thank you Scott, I really feel that Peter's car is starting to breathe now!!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by divexxtreme

mike - awesome job to you as well! You did extremely well at your power level!
+100

Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Cool stuff Todd!!! Looks like you are having fun with her!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Invitational: King of the Streets