996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best bang for the buck 19" wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
If you have your heart set on 19"s wheels (and there is no doubt they look better) three piece wheel have that bling factor but they are problematic due to weight and street survival. Also stay away from chome wheels, they will corrode against the tire and cause bead leaks. I would look for a once piece forged. They are lighter and stronger which is important for street uses. Both Champion and HRE make excellent forged one piece 19" wheels. Also be very careful on tire size 235x35x19f and 315x25x19r are almost dead on to the diameter of the stock 18"s which is important to save your front differential.
For Motorsport applications, our C90 Series or R40 Series is recommended.

Most of our street series are very capable for occasional track use. Chrome is not offered on our Comp90 Series because they are typically used for Motorsport and Chrome is often not as durable and adds additional weight to the wheel. The difference between a 1pc and 3pc really depends on the customer. The 3pc allows the wheels to be serviceable.

Our Motorsport Series wheels are typically used in 18" due to race tire applications. Most tire manufacturers provide larger range of tire sizes in smaller diameters.

If you have any further questions, I'd love to answer them.

You can email me directly at LonM@hrewheels.com

Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 AM
bks
bks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AL Z
I have a set of 19 inch OZ black ultralaggera with Michelins PS2'S if you are interested.
Please email me at bradley2k at gmail dot com about your ultralaggeras if they are still available.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
BTW, most of the options under $4000 for a set are obviously not forged wheel, exceptions exist. If your budget is under $3000, then you will be looking at a cast product. Our least expensive forged wheel starts at $5200 for the set.