996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Clutchmasters/EVOMS stage 3 slipping !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 AM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
Thanks for the input, the clutch I removed did not have this band I had just over powered it. I have pics somewhere I will try to find again. I didn't try to cut corners the porsche shop I go to charged me over $1000 to install the clutch I didn't tell them to cut any corners. I am going to measure the clutch disk to see inconsistency's in the thickness.
I am also checking the reassure plate and flywheel for consistency/ flatness.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:31 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jonty
Thanks for the input, the clutch I removed did not have this band I had just over powered it. I have pics somewhere I will try to find again. I didn't try to cut corners the porsche shop I go to charged me over $1000 to install the clutch I didn't tell them to cut any corners. I am going to measure the clutch disk to see inconsistency's in the thickness.
I am also checking the reassure plate and flywheel for consistency/ flatness.
Did you verify the correct Throwout Bearing was used to accompany the 964RS FW? You cannot just throw any OEM or aftermarket clutch kit on a 996TT w/ 964RS flywheel setup without changing the Throwout Bearing.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
The flywheel and throw out bearing came as a set for Kevin @ umw I assume it was correct I will have to check, it worked flawlessly with the old clutch until I upgraded the turbos ext and the it gave out.