996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Clutchmasters/EVOMS stage 3 slipping !!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
EVOMS stage 3 slipping !!!!

I am a bit disappointed after just doing my k16 billet upgrade and having my UMW stage 2 clutch slip I had a evoms stage 3 clutch installed and in a 5 th gear roll on from 3 k the clutch slips @ about 4500rpm. I took great care to brake the clutch in as specified.
I can't be making much power as I only have stock Injectors and a 5 bar FPR and Meth injection. certainly know where near the 800hp rateing . I feel like I have been misled and thrown away 4K for the clutch and install I only have a 1000 miles on the clutch and have never launched it.
Anyone Else have a similar experience with this clutch?

Last edited by jonty; 05-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Lets be fair for a minute here.. New flywheel installed at same time or reuse the old one?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:25 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
new 964 rs

Old 05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Maybe you have a slave cylinder that is not fully releasing? Also, when the flywheel was installed did they clean the oil off with brake cleaner? If not, glazing will happen as well as slipping.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
strange.. CM is good stuff..

Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Colt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really nice
Sometimes it takes a little slipping to really bed the clutch to the flywheel. I mean it shouldnt require that after 1000 miles, but maybe it just took some time? Let us know how it turns out

Old 05-12-2012, 03:50 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I have the exact same clutch, a little over 500 whp. LOVE this clutch. Sounds like an install issue or a faulty unit.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:19 AM
The clutch was installed by a really good Shop so I doubt that it was an install issue but it could be.
I am running a GT2 clutch conversion so no slave issue either. I will see what happens.

It only happens on hot days two I can run full boost an be driving for an hour, I park the car for an hour or less go for a drive and the clutch will let go. I then will drive home off boost and gingerly so I don't slip the clutch again and leave the car to completely cool down over night and it won't happen happen again for several days.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
+1 on your slave not releasing all the way. Maybe your pin is too long or the GT2 bracket too close or something?

Old 05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
kato1453 has a spectacular aura aboutkato1453 has a spectacular aura about
What does UMW say about the issue?

Old 05-12-2012, 03:16 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Looking at the wear patterns on the disc and pp in your UMW clutch pics, something isn't allowing proper contact between the two.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:23 AM
this is not a UWM clutch this is the clutch i upgraded to from a UMW clutch this is a EVOMS/Clutchmasters stage 3 unit. I drove it yesterday like I stole it and it didn't slip once , go figure.
I am going to check on the gt slave , I am also using the EVOMS gt2 slave kit which was installed at the same time.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I have the CM FX300 with modded pressure plate and CM LWFW along with AP prototype GT2 clutch conversion. About 1300 miles on the clutch including some hard driving in the last few hundred miles and not one bit of slip detected. I'm not sure what HP/TQ level I'm at but surely over 500 at the wheels with all the mods I have.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:25 PM
This is driving me nuts, I checked to see I had clutch disengagement and slave is not bottomed out. I haven't driven it for a week and I go out for a spin drive it hard for 40 min doing 4th and 5th gear pulls not one slip. I stop at the bank for ten minutes get back on the highway and it is slipping again WTF.

Many calls to EVOMS and no replys funny how they are great when you are buying there kit and as soon as I have a problem I can't get a response.

I have resigned myself to having to buy a new clutch and get it installed what a waste of $4K with EVOMS.

Last edited by jonty; 05-18-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:15 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jonty
This is driving me nuts, I checked to see I had clutch disengagement and slave is not bottomed out. I haven't driven it for a week and I go out for a spin drive it hard for 40 min doing 4th and 5th gear pulls not one slip. I stop at the bank for ten minutes get back on the highway and it is slipping again WTF.

Many calls to EVOMS and no replys funny how they are great when you are buying there kit and as soon as I have a problem I can't get a response.

I have resigned myself to having to buy a new clutch and get it installed what a waste of $4K with EVOMS.
Yup this industry is pretty lame like that. What ever happened to standing behind your products?

So what will you get next? same CM?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutchmasters/EVOMS stage 3 slipping !!!!