996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Looking at a modded X-50 and need some help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:49 PM
freudie1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hroussard
I would NOT buy that car purely because an auction suggests you have limited time to make up your mind. So go out and kick the tires, look at a few cars and DRIVE them. There are many good 2002-2004 966T rotating through right now. No need to hurry up. As others have said.... get a PPI, view the repair and maintenance invoices, talk with the owner(s). Make it a fun project before you pull the trigger. After market add-ons / mods have basically no value. Only certain OEM options bring a little more money for the seller. To a certain extent, YOU THE BUYER, determine what options you must have and what you can do without but the X50 ($17K) and Factory Aerokit ($7K) are definitely nice to have. Take your time!! Good luck!!

More food for thought, the fact that is an X50 is irrelevant now as the turbos, exhaust, etc are modded on the car you posted. Also the X50 is really not worth the premium from what I can discern (assuming you are looking at modified 996 cars only).

Old 05-19-2012, 07:06 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
1. Last person to do a PPI is a Porsche dealer.

2. Robert was at EVOMS, no? https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ert-evoms.html

3. He never said the car was not repainted.

I can tell you personally- ard's word- that to the best of my knowledge that car was never tracked, and the paint is good.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:20 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Well looks like I won the auction on this thing! Can't wait to get her home and in the garage!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 PM
brandonq is infamous around these partsbrandonq is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by machinegunt
Well looks like I won the auction on this thing! Can't wait to get her home and in the garage!
Congrats on this sick car!!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brandonq
Congrats on this sick car!!
Thanks! Can't wait to tear into it! Have a few cosmetic mods planned! I am going to drive to Tempe and trailer it home ASAP! I hate waiting around for transports and I never trust those guys 100%.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:05 AM
OhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to beholdOhioC5 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! I'm sure you're going to love it. Keep us posted.