996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

High HP PROTOMOTIVE cars please check in here:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:12 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
We have a 993 that will compete with Gs... trying to set up a race in Tulsa against a 1500hp one...
if it works out Ill make sure to have some videos...

We need to see more Pcars stepping up to the plate with these TTG's. I don't understand why folks keep these beasts garaged and never let them out to compete. I know of several BIG PCar builds that NEVER come out. Ridiculous.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
We need to see more Pcars stepping up to the plate with these TTG's. I don't understand why folks keep these beasts garaged and never let them out to compete. I know of several BIG PCar builds that NEVER come out. Ridiculous.
lets put it this way... Todds dyno couldn't keep up lol . He said he has never seen anything like that... I know what you mean but some people like to keep things quiet... otherwise no one but a 1500 hp lambo will go for it because they think they can beat everything...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-24-2012, 04:36 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
lets put it this way... Todds dyno couldn't keep up lol . He said he has never seen anything like that... I know what you mean but some people like to keep things quiet... otherwise no one but a 1500 hp lambo will go for it because they think they can beat everything...

Well, the Lambo's have no problem with the spot light.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
is this particular 993 the color of red by chance ?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Well, the Lambo's have no problem with the spot light.
being ****y and flashy isn't everyones virtue... ask the 1341whp drag ford mustang from dallas that lost lol and it ran high 7s.. there is a scene behind the scene but it doesn't all get on speedTV

edit: not directing this towards you in any way...

click to view

Old 05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
No. Tym works with Softronic to do his current Porsche tunes. But my setup won't have anything to do with Softronic at all. It'll be all Tym.
We have been working together for a couple years now and on your car prior however I beleive the set up has changed.

Best,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 05-24-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Correction to post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
^^correct^^

Old 05-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
We plan on being at the next event even if we bring Matt's car. LOL! Car was not running right (was puking coolant) so I had the bumper off that Friday. Luckily that fix ended up being just putting a barbbed fitting instead of the stupid stock push fitting on the SMALL top radiator hose.

I've been so busy with the shop last few months I haven't really even paid much attention to the car. We've messed with it the last week or so trying to figure out some issues with boost drops. After we fixed the coolant puke issue we started running into boost issues. While testing some settings on the AMS-1000 to see if that was the issue I managed to run a 4.3 on E85 in this awesome 90* weather (Monday). I think the file should be on the drift box, but its not a new best, just was a way to check how the car was running. During that pull 2nd gear was pretty good but in 3rd I looked like a bobble head doll. Probably going to mess with it some more this weekend. Should be right at a month before we are fully running in our personal shop. So next time I have issues having a lift and dyno to test whenever will be very helpful LOL!

Running down these big HP Lambos will be tough for the watercooled platform. Esp from a roll... It will be tough... VERY tough. Even then it won't be a the big HP ones. The Lambos are making 1500+rwhp without an issue. I do not know of any WATERCOOLED Porsche motor thats making that. I think its possible to make that kind of power, but longevity for maybe more than a dyno pull though... Highly doubtful.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:40 PM
EBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to behold
your right, they don,t have a chance. the lambo to fast weighs about the same making more power and torque. people don,t race their car because if they lose they can,t brag anymore. so watch it with the 993 the truth will be out lol.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
being ****y and flashy isn't everyones virtue... ask the 1341whp drag ford mustang from dallas that lost lol and it ran high 7s.. there is a scene behind the scene but it doesn't all get on speedTV

edit: not directing this towards you in any way...
Don't understand your point? I don't know many (if any) UR SL owners who bought the car because it was 'flashy'.

And beating a 7 sec drag car on the street is easy with anything that runs 9's.

Originally Posted by EBELLO RACING
your right, they don,t have a chance. the lambo to fast weighs about the same making more power and torque. people don,t race their car because if they lose they can,t brag anymore. so watch it with the 993 the truth will be out lol.
Glad to hear you're still at it and look forward to finally seeing you run something on the highway. I'm sure there will be a couple UR builds to choose from next March.

Curious, did you ever run your car after that aborted pass years ago?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Don't understand your point? I don't know many (if any) UR SL owners who bought the car because it was 'flashy'.

I was responding to Todd's post... that "Gs like to be in the spotlight".. but I said that not everyone does... yet its doesn't mean that the Gs cant be beat... it is hard to beat a car that has 1200awhp that hooks up on all 4s and all you do is press the gas pedal... and I doubt it will be any 996 or 997 on the market... it will take a lot more to compete with the 1500 hp G...
look how hard it is for the P cars to trap 150 let alone 160 or 170...

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 05-25-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Very true Scott.

There seems to be a bit of a misconception that we still do all of our tuning through Todd K, not that it would be a bad thing if we were, but I am a straight-up guy and am all for the truth. Maybe I should make a thread to clear that up but will post it here for now. We have been working with Softronic for a few years now and have had nothing but great success. Also, contrary to what some may think, these are not off the shelf tunes that we run in our packages, there is a reason we call it a strategic partnership - Tym works directly with Scott to develop the necessary tune files. With that many years of combined experience tuning performance engines you really can't go wrong.

Carry on...
neil, does softronic also do the GTR files ?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Carry on...

Highjacker!

Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 PM
EBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OhioGT2

Glad to hear you're still at it and look forward to finally seeing you run something on the highway. I'm sure there will be a couple UR builds to choose from next March.

Curious, did you ever run your car after that aborted pass years ago?
nice to run some fast street car,very fast. don't understand the second part?

Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
What turbos are you using FP HTA35s ?
GT35HTA .86A/R call rob at FP he can help you with your setup

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: High HP PROTOMOTIVE cars please check in here: