996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Am I nuts? Traded SY 996 TT for RUF 3600s!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 05:20 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
that is SOOOOOO sweet

give us driving impressions!!

Old 06-05-2005, 05:22 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
You are not nuts, its a Ruf. Since you drove both today, how does it compare to the TT? Enjoy it in good health.
Regards,
Luis

Old 06-05-2005, 10:22 PM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Adrift

i likey but ya gotta get rid of the orange markers!

Old 06-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
driving impressions: it isn't broken in yet (like 150 miles on the motor), so I am taking it easy. It is definitely not the torque monster the TT was; it is a peaky engine, but I like to rev, I love to hear the engine sing. As crazy fast as the turbo was, I just never really warmed to it. It was heavy, turbo power delivery annoyed me, the clutch take-up feel SUCKED, the stock brakes weren't up to track work, and assorted other complaints. I did drive some in the wee hours of last night trying to get some miles on the car, and it definitely feels glued to the road. The RUF springs are amazingly comfortable, yet the car stays planted and flat.

As for the orange turn signals...lol..can someone photochop one of these pics so I can see what it would look like?

Old 06-05-2005, 10:42 PM
driving impressions: it isn't broken in yet (like 150 miles on the motor), so I am taking it easy. It is definitely not the torque monster the TT was; it is a peaky engine, but I like to rev, I love to hear the engine sing. As crazy fast as the turbo was, I just never really warmed to it. It was heavy, turbo power delivery annoyed me, the clutch take-up feel SUCKED, the stock brakes weren't up to track work, and assorted other complaints. I did drive some in the wee hours of last night trying to get some miles on the car, and it definitely feels glued to the road. The RUF springs are amazingly comfortable, yet the car stays planted and flat.

As for the orange turn signals...lol..can someone photochop one of these pics so I can see what it would look like?
like this

Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2005, 11:49 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations Adrift. Looks real nice.

Old 06-06-2005, 12:08 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I don't know why but I still prefer the turbo... it looks better... thats what matter to me but maybe not to you! congrats!!

Old 06-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Delesh is infamous around these parts
You are definitely not nuts. Just get the car that brings you the most joy. Who cares what others think?

Porsche should have offered a 3.6 boxster all along!

Old 06-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Adrift,
How about some particulars. Did you use your own car? If so, what model, year? Chunk of change? I too have been lauding the virtues of the Boxster S! I will keep mine for life. But, as many on this board know, I've been on the hunt for some extra rwhp to increase the fun factor from about a 7 to about a 9.5! PM me with particulars if you don't want to broadcast.

Dave

Old 06-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
By the way. Bravo for following your heart! The car looks awesome!!

Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Adrift,
I have the P-car toddler seat. It integrates into the car and turns the airbag off. Additionally, it turns off the wife's concern about the little guy getting hurt with the airbag.

Old 06-06-2005, 11:02 AM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Dave
Additionally, it turns off the wife's concern about the little guy getting hurt with the airbag.
LOL.. I'm guessing that's a remote feature.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Dave
Adrift,
I have the P-car toddler seat. It integrates into the car and turns the airbag off. Additionally, it turns off the wife's concern about the little guy getting hurt with the airbag.
I had it in both my Porsches, and had it moved from one of them to the RUF. After the infant seat, I bailed on the Porsche model, but kept the flange that plugged in to deactivate the airbag.

As for details, there are no secrets. What do you want to know? For starters, I did not use my 01S as the donor car. The RUF place acquired an 02S they used and developed it as a spec car.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I had it in both my Porsches, and had it moved from one of them to the RUF. After the infant seat, I bailed on the Porsche model, but kept the flange that plugged in to deactivate the airbag.

As for details, there are no secrets. What do you want to know? For starters, I did not use my 01S as the donor car. The RUF place acquired an 02S they used and developed it as a spec car.
really? it's an '02 car? it should have the clear headlight markers instead of orange and i thought it should have the glass rear window. does it have the larger S/996 brakes? hmmm.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
I cannot wait for the RUF 3800S. That thing is going to be a beast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I nuts? Traded SY 996 TT for RUF 3600s!