996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Abs problems at high speed under braking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Madtech is infamous around these parts
Abs problems at high speed under braking?

I am a new owner to a 2002 996 tt and at high speed under hard braking the abs seems to be coming on over very little bumps? Once it comes on the car becomes very skidish? Has anyone else experienced this before? It has started to bother me to the point of disconnecting the abs. Any ideas guys?

Old 05-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Fasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant future
Hello

I had same problem u need to replace brake sensor
After few weeks u will get abs psm problem after u starting the cat and release brake pedal

Old 05-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Fasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant future
I read about this problems many articles it come from 4 things
1st when u drive and u fall in small whole so switch the car off and start it again

2nd one of the 4 sensors on tires fails so clean them or replace them

3rd because of brake sensor which was my problem and many others on this forum

4th the abs system fails which is tare to face this issuebif u didnt do any accident

Sorry english not my mother language

Regards
Faisal

Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the advice. System works perfectly with no faults. Once the car hits a bump the abs goes crazy and i am almost at the point of making an abs kill switch. I keep tellin myself its the light nose of the car but either way i have to stop it

Old 05-26-2012, 08:35 AM
You welcome

I guesa you have to check ur tiers sensor 1 of them cause this problem clean it if still same problem replace it

Wait more members have better experince than me can help also

Old 05-26-2012, 01:01 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Are you braking when the car hits the bump? Is this track driving or on the street? Are the bumps big enough to make a wheel leave the ground temporarily?

I can tell you our ABS system is not great, if you are braking hard and encounter bumps the abs will kick in for sure, even healthy.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I was worried i might hear that lol. Ya i guess you vould refer to this as track driving. While breaking heavily it occurs when i hit bumps. I was just surprised that it happens from small bumps that you wouldnt imagine the wheels leaving the ground but after all our road here are horrible. Thanks for the tip. It did get worse after installing lightweight wheels so i guess i will be making an abs kill switch.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:33 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I don't advise that, our brake pedal is boosted via vacuum from the engine, the result is HORRIBLE pedal modulation. The car will either not stop fast at all or lock the tires. On a track will be safer.

Get some tires with more stick.