996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New! SpeedTech Basic X-Pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
New! SpeedTech Basic X-Pipe

Due to numerous recent requests, we have decided to offer a simple, lightweight, no frills 3" X-Pipe at a reduced cost compared to our modular V-flanged system with mirror polished tips.

This model will utilize the same internal X-design as our X-cellerator series exhausts and will borrow several of our features from the X-cellerator series, such as our low profile X design for maximum ground clearance and stealth appearance, muffler mounting brackets w/ straps to eliminate fatigue on the turbos/headers and slip fit joints for total adjustability. The design will allow the owner the option to actually replace the X-Pipe with our exclusive internal X-Muffler (see the testimonials on this highly desired muffler!) or add cats down the road should tastes change. It will utilize a fully adjustable slash cut flared tip, as standard, but again, the tip can be upgraded to any of our tips at any time.

Make no mistake about it - this is a very loud straight pipe system and is no replacement for the refined, civilized sound that our X-cellerator series exhausts exhibit, but for those that are either looking for that aggressive sound and don't care about polished tips, etc. or are looking to enter the X-Pipe market for a little less money, this could be your ticket. And it is fully upgradeable with X-cellerator components, so you are not locked in to just an X-Pipe, should you wish to change things up down the road.

This is a great opportunity to own a genuine SpeedTech system at a great price!

Our new X-Pipe will be based on our full X-cellerator series X-Pipe pictured below - the differences are no V-Flanges, no cats, slash cut single wall tips.

PM for special Memorial Day Sale pricing.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 05-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely loving my 3.0 with 100 cell cats. Wouldn't want/need anything more than this. Planning on trying the 2.5" track tips- keep you posted on how many sound warnings (meat-*****) I get.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Absolutely loving my 3.0 with 100 cell cats. Wouldn't want/need anything more than this. Planning on trying the 2.5" track tips- keep you posted on how many sound warnings (meat-*****) I get.
Mark, thanks for the kind words and yet another positive testimonial! I totally agree with you - Our X-cellerator X-Flow muffler series offers the unique combination of a fantastic GT3 type sound with exceptional cabin comfort - very nice, actually fantastic to live with on a daily basis. And extremely rare for aftermarket 996TT exhausts.

A lot of engineering and many months of R&D testing and tweaking went into creating that sound your loving. It's a lot more involved than welding some pipe and throwing whatever style in line mufflers on it, then welding some generic tips on the end and calling it an exhaust - I know what that sounds like...we have done our homework on your system and I'm really pleased to see you are enjoying it so much!

Thanks again for the confidence you placed in us.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 05-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Some of us are pickier than others- as you know this is my 5th exhaust, and my last!

Old 05-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark,

I have heard those exact same words more than once before

Mike K and Gearhead both said the same thing of our X-cellerator system! 5th system and last...I understand completely.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 05-27-2012, 10:56 AM
ItGuy996 is infamous around these partsItGuy996 is infamous around these parts
How is the drone with this system?

Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
It's not as bad as one might think for a straight pipe, but there is definetely some drone. IMO, any 3" non muffled, non catted system is going to drone and I think that if you do not want drone, you should be looking at something other than a catless, straight pipe system. You will hear some people say it does not drone, but I wouldn't count on that :-)

If you are concerned about drone you should take a close look at our 2.5 quiet internal X-muffler system. That's the one...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 05-28-2012, 02:22 AM
enoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to behold
hey john, can you pm me price on one of these thanks

Old 05-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Yazz911TT is infamous around these parts
Guys whilst on the subject of exhausts, I did all my mods in 1 go, K24 hybrids, catless fabspeed gen 1 exhaust, intercoolers, etc.. etc... and a tune to suit.....If I now change the exhaust would that alter back pressure and thus need a tweak to the tune??

Old 05-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
Yazz,

Speak to your tuner, but from my experience the ECU will adjust to small changes such as an exhaust swap. I don't think you will have any problem if you make a change...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 06-02-2012, 11:19 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Some of us are pickier than others- as you know this is my 5th exhaust, and my last!
The first and last exhaust any 996/997 owner should purchase. The fact that I can remove my muffler and install the straight pipe section is yet another reason why these exhaust components are superior. I said it before and I'll say it again.... I love my SpeedTech exhaust!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I tried the 2.5" tips on my system to get the sound down for Laguna Seca last weekend and was amazed how the changed the tone and volume. I blew a 94.4db not too bad considering a full 3" system except the tips. Pretty easy to swap the tips once I picked up a pipe expander from HarborF.

Still loving the exhaust and the flexibility it offers!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:42 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
I tried the 2.5" tips on my system to get the sound down for Laguna Seca last weekend and was amazed how the changed the tone and volume. I blew a 94.4db not too bad considering a full 3" system except the tips. Pretty easy to swap the tips once I picked up a pipe expander from HarborF.

Still loving the exhaust and the flexibility it offers!
Hi,Why did you need an expander? I thought it was a slip fit at the connection??
I dont think you noticed any power change at your level??..Enjoy

Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hi,Why did you need an expander? I thought it was a slip fit at the connection??
Hot pipe/cold pipe made the slip on a bit tight and I was under a time constraint as we were the first group on track.

Noticed a big power diff between this and stock- noticeable quickness and seemed to have longer legs on top as well. I doubt the smaller track tips had any negative effect on my power, but for big turbo setup like yours it could have an effect.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by johnspeed
John, what happens is the muffler sleeve is clamped tightly to the tip, as the exhaust heat cycles with the clamp force in play, both the muffler sleeve and the tip compress a few microns together and they will always go together easily and well because they are "matched". When you introduce a new piece metal that has not been compressed under heat, it's a very tight fit and difficult to get started - it takes some real elbow gease! If you bump the muffler outlet slightly with a $15 pipe expander, it makes life really easy and your on your way much sooner...it just makes swapping tips quick and easy.

2022 Cayenne White

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New! SpeedTech Basic X-Pipe