996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Be careful who gets near your car! (New exhaust thread)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bmoores
That sounds REALLY good. Should sound nasty on BlackWhore'sTurbo.
Ouch!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bad107
why is the dude from the Storage Wars checking out your car?

uncanny resemblance.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Todd looks good man. Paulie looks right at home next to your car. Always behind.... LOL

Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
The weather here in Houston is pretty bad at the moment. We've made plans to meet for lunch tomorrow and hopefully shoot a video of the exhaust.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:19 PM
911law is infamous around these parts911law is infamous around these parts
See if you can get some high def videos - going to sound very very nice with the larger turbos.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Just drove Todd's car with the new exhaust. WOW!!!! The people at the Chamber of Commerce did not seem to be as impressed as I was though. Not sure what footage Todd got but we shut it down as I'm fairly certain the cops were called LOL.

Car sounds like an angry GT3 now. Idle isn't as "tractory" as the other exhausts I've heard either.

Last edited by bmoores; 06-21-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by EBWerks
First, what were you guy's thinking terrorizing the Chamber of Commerce ?! Second, pictures and video !
We were using the road right behind my office which is typically a pretty good road to open it up on at a variety of speeds. Needless to say I hadn't really accounted for the fact that Todd's car makes a little more noise than I had anticipated.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Pics/Vid or it didn't happen

Old 06-21-2012, 02:25 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Just drove Todd's car with the new exhaust. WOW!!!! The people at the Chamber of Commerce did not seem to be as impressed as I was though. Not sure what footage Todd got but we shut it down as I'm fairly certain the cops were called LOL.

Car sounds like an angry GT3 now. Idle isn't as "tractory" as the other exhausts I've heard either.
lol that's awesome! Subscribed for vids of running suits!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Didn't have time to set up properly as Benny was too busy buzzing the tower with MY CAR! vids are uploading..stand by.

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 06-21-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM
OK, so Ben and I decided to have lunch today and film the new exhaust tone. So after burgers, he jumped in my car, I jumped in his and we headed to a "perfect" spot that he chose. He made several angry passes in front of me before I could adjust the Canon 5D for a proper shot. Well, he picked a spot right in front of the Chamber of Commerce. I had not even set up yet while he noticed someone outside calling the po po. He did a U turn and pulled up slowly and said we should probably head back to his office since we were about to go to jail. So I have 3 vids, 2 were slow and one is a distant pull off camera. External stereo mic was used.

But I did record him telling me we had better leave. But during those few MAD pulls, the car sounded amazingly similar to a GT3 at WOT. It really kicks ***. Its a prefect compromise between straight pipes and a Fabspeed LOUD exhaust. It still drones, but not nearly as bad as straight cat-less pipes. For my needs, this exhaust is perfect and sounds like a Porsche should sound IMO. On a side note, Ben only stalled it once. Great job.
Distant WOT pass off-camera. Still easily heard.

Slow pass

Let's get out of here!

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 06-21-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM
I stalled it when I was pulled over on the side of the road!!!! Doesn't count.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I stalled it when I was pulled over on the side of the road!!!! Doesn't count.

I'm just messin'. You and Steve Ott are the only guys who can even drive it at all. That clutch is a different animal huh?

Old 06-21-2012, 03:48 PM
My review as posted in another thread.

I have to say, this exhaust sounds spectacular at idle, cruising and at WOT. You can still hear the turbos BUT at WOT it sounds just like an angry GT3! Cold start up is as loud or slightly quieter than straight pipes, but it settles down later. The car still burps and pops under decel which I love. It will drone in between 2200 and 2900rpm. It may not be the ideal choice for a Daily driver for the loud start up and drone. I will probably not dyno with it installed until later, but I'll run a 60-130 to see if it hurts or helps. Great product and customer service. I would recommend to anyone who wants a great sounding, zero restricting exhaust for street or track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Be careful who gets near your car! (New exhaust thread)