996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tial Alpha 3076's who sells em, as im the market for a pair?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Well since the thread is going this way.. I am not a fan of "hybrid" turbos. The kkk compressor housing is far to small to be efficient with big wheels in it, now your intercooler is working harder now. Then when that charge air is processed by the motor and needs to go through the turbine that was only designed to handle the flow from the stock cold side. Now you have excess back psi and heat buildup, what do you do now? Clip the turbine or open up the clearance between the housings and the wheel. I made 720 at 20psi of boost on pump gas with gt3076 with a t3 flange, with a ton of other mods too but that turbo. I also did a 10.9x@139.9 with that turbo, injectors, inlet pipes, bandaid inline O44, straight 4'' pipes with cats and a stock motor. The point is if your cold side out flows your hot side you are loosing power. You can change housings but the wheels will still flow the same amount of air on a non hybrid turbo. The A/R only really changes spool by squeezing down the flow to get more velocity, which makes more back psi which kills power. Why? Lets say you are running 20 psi of boost and and you are squeezing the hot side to get that spool, you maybe running 30-35 psi of back psi or more! why is that bad? well the piston can only go to TDC so what ever that volume is is set. Now if you have 20 psi of exhaust gasses left in the cylinder and the piston does down the intake valve opens but the 20psi of spent gas is there taking up volume. The more back psi the more volume of spent gasses well be left behind. I am sure there is a more tech way to present this.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Thats amazing if he just decided to do this...I would think he is hurting himself?
By any chance you didnt ask him for a tune also because thats why he would say get a package from them?..But I know in the past EPL didnt do any tunes for K24/20's...
Scott from Softronics once told me the tunes for the two are pretty similar for 18s and 20s.??
Good Luck..
John, Not really hurting himself, Any shop can buy a turbo from them. If he sells a turbo to the public and one guy messes up the install and gets up on here bashing them he will loose more. If he only lets "dealers with tunes" sell his modded turbos it's their neck not his. Plus you know how people like to say that their item is modded to their specs and only they have it and on and on...

Old 06-23-2012, 08:43 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Well since the thread is going this way.. I am not a fan of "hybrid" turbos. The kkk compressor housing is far to small to be efficient with big wheels in it, now your intercooler is working harder now. Then when that charge air is processed by the motor and needs to go through the turbine that was only designed to handle the flow from the stock cold side. Now you have excess back psi and heat buildup, what do you do now? Clip the turbine or open up the clearance between the housings and the wheel. I made 720 at 20psi of boost on pump gas with gt3076 with a t3 flange, with a ton of other mods too but that turbo. I also did a 10.9x@139.9 with that turbo, injectors, inlet pipes, bandaid inline O44, straight 4'' pipes with cats and a stock motor. The point is if your cold side out flows your hot side you are loosing power. You can change housings but the wheels will still flow the same amount of air on a non hybrid turbo. The A/R only really changes spool by squeezing down the flow to get more velocity, which makes more back psi which kills power. Why? Lets say you are running 20 psi of boost and and you are squeezing the hot side to get that spool, you maybe running 30-35 psi of back psi or more! why is that bad? well the piston can only go to TDC so what ever that volume is is set. Now if you have 20 psi of exhaust gasses left in the cylinder and the piston does down the intake valve opens but the 20psi of spent gas is there taking up volume. The more back psi the more volume of spent gasses well be left behind. I am sure there is a more tech way to present this.
Hey Tim Thanks for your info....Makes sense...
But even though its not the most efficient way, which I agree with now,it still does a fair bump of power for the buck??

Old 06-23-2012, 08:52 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC

basicly Tim is saying go big or go home!

Tim you are correct. I always said the best combo for these cars was and always will be a 18g with a set of coolers and a inline pump flash and there you go. Dmaffo went a 10.8 here 4 years ago street trim.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:00 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
Hey Val,

Shoot me e PM with your cell number... we don't live too far apart (I work in Springfield and live down in Woodbridge)... I'll take you for a ride in my K24/20G car sometime.

Is you motor stock by the way? You're looking for 700whp on what kind of gas?

And I hadn't heard that Blouch doesn't deal with the public any more either, but I suppose anything is possible these days... Hit me up and I'll tell you what I would reccomend for turbo acquisition options as well.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE

Tim you are correct. I always said the best combo for these cars was and always will be a 18g with a set of coolers and a inline pump flash and there you go. Dmaffo went a 10.8 here 4 years ago street trim.
Hi,So my combo,see signature,is a good complete set-up in your opinion?? Thanks.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:25 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
/\ /\ /\ I wouldn't do anymore then what you got for a everyday rocket John.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atisvt99
Hey Val,

Shoot me e PM with your cell number... we don't live too far apart (I work in Springfield and live down in Woodbridge)... I'll take you for a ride in my K24/20G car sometime.

Is you motor stock by the way? You're looking for 700whp on what kind of gas?

And I hadn't heard that Blouch doesn't deal with the public any more either, but I suppose anything is possible these days... Hit me up and I'll tell you what I would reccomend for turbo acquisition options as well.
My mind is pretty much made up as far as wanting the 3076s, but thanks for the offer. I plan to run pump/Meth & sometimes a splash of straight 100 octane from the local sunoco. Motor is stock. I'll take 630-650whp on a mustang dyno.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:18 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
Where are you getting them from then?

Old 06-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hey Tim Thanks for your info....Makes sense...
But even though its not the most efficient way, which I agree with now,it still does a fair bump of power for the buck??

Of course it does. Its a great setup for street work where 99% of these cars live. But if you look at what I did in the mile, gt3076 .68A/R turbo intake piping, modded stock headers, -6 fuel line stock fuel pump, cats, 60lbs injectors, stock airbox, 75mm TB. maybe 650 on the rear wheels at that time and I squeaked out Woodester by 1mph. His car made more power then mine for sure, he had a fuel system and spot on tune for Texas. I feel the hybrid builds too much heat for the higher hp or longer pulls. At least that's how I see it with all the info that I have. Remember I have zero to gain. I do not sell anything. I have spent endless hours and countless dollars (my accountant don't think so) on my passion tho

Old 06-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by PALETTE

LOL.. Damn looking at you build thread it looks like that your motto too!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atisvt99
Where are you getting them from then?
That's the whole point of this thread...a source.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:22 AM
When I grow up,I want to be in the big league with you big boys..

Old 06-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
definitely agree with most comments on this page.

18G with full bolt ons will go a long way and will be the best bang for buck setup for sure. no doubt.

if you want a killer though, go big hahaha

its an addiction

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vntperformance
My mind is pretty much made up as far as wanting the 3076s, but thanks for the offer. I plan to run pump/Meth & sometimes a splash of straight 100 octane from the local sunoco. Motor is stock. I'll take 630-650whp on a mustang dyno.
With the supporting mods, you will see that with some fuel mixing. Nice safe FUN power limit.

We are all crackheads to an extent guys!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tial Alpha 3076's who sells em, as im the market for a pair?