996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1.5 bar on stock turbos on GIAC tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 04:25 PM
BOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
I had a client with a similar problem... wen thru the whole car... did fix a bunch of stuff as the car used to be a 700 hp setup returned to stock... it did need a re flash though...
OEM wgs working properly cannot boost past 1.2 if that...
Hey Mark. So what was determined to be the cause of his issues? The tune?

Old 06-22-2012, 04:49 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BOOSTD
I'm seeing my car boost and hold to 1.5 bar in 3rd and 4th gear on my stage 1 GIAC tune on stock turbos. GIAC said I should only see 1.3 max. Anyone have any ideas on things to check for to see why this is happening. I'm going to check lines to my wastegates to make sure their unobstructed, but don't really know where else to check. I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thanks guys.
Try this, it's the cheapest fix of all and worked for me when I had an overboost after swapping intercoolers and having a leak in one of the hoses. Disconnect the battery for about 20 min, reconnect and go drive it so the ecu can readapt.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
BOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Try this, it's the cheapest fix of all and worked for me when I had an overboost after swapping intercoolers and having a leak in one of the hoses. Disconnect the battery for about 20 min, reconnect and go drive it so the ecu can readapt.
Dude....that might have worked. I disconnected the battery for 30 min and then did a quick 3rd gear pull. I'm saw 1.2 max this time. Going to keep an eye on this to make sure it's all good, but so far, 3rd feels stronger too. Thanks for the tip pwdrhound!

Old 06-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Dude....that might have worked. I disconnected the battery for 30 min and then did a quick 3rd gear pull. I'm saw 1.2 max this time. Going to keep an eye on this to make sure it's all good, but so far, 3rd feels stronger too. Thanks for the tip pwdrhound!
that's the first thing you should do but it will come back....
could be your maf... map sensor, leaking hoses to and from the N75 valve...
you can datalog the N75 duty cycle if you have the durametric.. that will tell you a little more as well... on a and on...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM
that's the first thing you should do but it will come back....
could be your maf... map sensor, leaking hoses to and from the N75 valve...
you can datalog the N75 duty cycle if you have the durametric.. that will tell you a little more as well... on a and on...
Just like you said Mark, it came back. My N75 came in yesterday so I figured I'd start there. As I was taking things apart, I saw one of the hoses to the N75 was disconnected. I hope that was the culprit. Left the original N75 in for now, reconnected the hose and disconnected the battery. We'll see in a few days if this fixes it. Thanks, everyone, for all the tips so far.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I think you found the issue

click to view

Old 07-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Weird...Eurocharged said my ECU looked like it had a stock tune file and confirmed this to be the case with a local Porsche dealer. Getting my ECU back hopefully this week with the EC tune, but still puzzled about how the GIAC tune disappeared.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Weird...Eurocharged said my ECU looked like it had a stock tune file and confirmed this to be the case with a local Porsche dealer. Getting my ECU back hopefully this week with the EC tune, but still puzzled about how the GIAC tune disappeared.
the only way it could be gone is if someone erased it and put a stock file....
something doesn't add up... a P car dealer usually has no clew anyways....
are you paying again for the tune?

click to view

Old 07-05-2012, 03:06 PM
No, EC is moving the support for my E55 tune over to the 996. I wouldn't have considered a new tune if it was going to cost me $$.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Didn't know EC ( from Chicago?) tunes Porsches...

click to view

Old 07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Didn't know EC ( from Chicago?) tunes Porsches...
Originally from Chicago, but based out of Houston now. They've had Porsche files for a while now. They also do the tuning for Underground Racing's turbo Lambos.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Disconnect the battery for about 20 min, reconnect and go drive it so the ecu can readapt.
brilliant.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Not sure of this has been said. But you you do not want to boost your turbos or egine that high. You will run out of fuel, or damage your turbos. Get the mechanical prblem professionally fixed. This is not a tune issue.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Turbo Fanatic
Not sure of this has been said. But you you do not want to boost your turbos or egine that high. You will run out of fuel, or damage your turbos. Get the mechanical prblem professionally fixed. This is not a tune issue.
I found and fixed the issue. There was a hose that was disconnected from the N75.