996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Am I Mad To Want To Wet-Sand My Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Am I Mad To Want To Wet-Sand My Car?

It's been bugging me for a while now

I spend all that time cleaning my car to make it look nice, but the paint work has a lot of orange peel

The car's in good condition, I just hate this orange peel

Should I sand it? Am I mad?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Get an orbital and Menzerna SIP. It does wonders.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:44 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Done that - The paint is is very good condition with no scratches or swirls, I just can't stand the orange peel

I think I could live with it no problem if the car was silver, yellow, white, etc.....

But since it's black it's just too annoying

Old 06-26-2012, 03:08 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
There was a detailer that had a thread that showed a wet sanded black car, a mirror finish. If I remember correctly it was in the detaler forum.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:40 PM
kennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the rough
Blocking a sanding your car requires a professional touch and a specialized professional at that. You don't what to cut through the clear coat and any corners and ridges in the car need a special touch.
So, based on the fact that you asked the question, you are not the one with the specialized touched so I wouldn't use the word mad, so find a true pro and you'll see your mirror reflection when its done and not have to find a painter to repair the damage you caused in trying to do it yourself. kenny

Old 06-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Boltz. is infamous around these parts
You'll not only need a ton of time and professional expertise, but you'll also need a $3500+ defelsko paint gauge that can tell the difference between color and clear layers...

Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 PM
BT ZR1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kennyPride
Blocking a sanding your car requires a professional touch and a specialized professional at that. You don't what to cut through the clear coat and any corners and ridges in the car need a special touch.
So, based on the fact that you asked the question, you are not the one with the specialized touched so I wouldn't use the word mad, so find a true pro and you'll see your mirror reflection when its done and not have to find a painter to repair the damage you caused in trying to do it yourself. kenny
I agree. you might try a more aggressive cutting pad with the menzerna