996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Meth install: Equal length tubing from tee??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 PM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Meth install: Equal length tubing from tee??

Just got to running my meth lines. I didn't have equal length from the "T". So it might start spraying the one jet before the other by a slight bit.

I attached a pic. Do I have anything to worry about?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Why tempt fate?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:59 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
IMHO They should have been closer to the Turbos, but that is my opinion. I really do not think it will make a difference as they all meet in the middle anyway. I have done a few of these and tutored others, I will PM you a Link.

SWR

Old 06-28-2012, 01:46 PM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
Why closer to turbos?

So the lengths from the Tee are ok?

Old 06-28-2012, 01:59 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
We measured ours to be equal left and right, 28" from the Plenum to be precise. Why, we figured that we want the liquid to be completely vaporized before entering the engine. Drops of was do not do much good. The extra distance gave us peace of mind and when we measured at the plenum we were proved correct.

In reality, assuming the pressure is up and the jets are not too large it will be fine. We installed ours for in cylinder cooling as opposed to an octane booster, H20 has the best coefficient of heat out there so it did the job well. We add about 20% - 30% meth for good measure.

If you take the car out and at WOT it coughs, dial back the controller till it stops or reduce the jet size. DO NOT DO THIS FOR LONG IF IT COUGHS, get that right foot off fast and adjust things.

OK that was my 2c.

Ian

Originally Posted by ek9max
Why closer to turbos?

So the lengths from the Tee are ok?

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 06-28-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Just in case somebody in the future wonders the same thing.

I removed both nozzles and tested the spray in two different bottle.

Both filled up exactly the same.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:25 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
My lines were not equal, although, a little closer than the OP. If you are using a 160psi pump (give or take) that line will fill up way faster than you can move your foot. Not sure I would worry. If you are tuned that close that this would be a problem, I would worry about that more...

Old 07-07-2012, 09:09 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
This morning i just installed my nozzles on my car,what do you think about the nozzles position?

Attached Images