996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New location to hang turbos in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Nice, Congrats.
Are you bringing car to TX2K13 in Dallas in March ?

My goal with the Red Sled of Terror is the mile.. Marty, we where the first guys to break 190mph 5 years ago.. I want the mile. If I live passed that I will do anything anywhere anytime.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
My goal with the Red Sled of Terror is the mile.. Marty, we where the first guys to break 190mph 5 years ago.. I want the mile. If I live passed that I will do anything anywhere anytime.
At the rate you're developing the Red Sled of Terror you'll be putting down 1350-1400 whp in time for that event.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Very nice work Tim, that is unreal !! Now you need a Big Brake Upgrade Kit for the Red Sled of Terror with all that power you have. This is a complete vehicle kit that includes oversized brake rotors and calipers, performance brake pads, and ECS Exact-fit stainless steel reinforced brake lines, for front and rear axles.

Last edited by ECS Tuning - Porsche; 11-29-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:16 PM
m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !
^ he already has carbon ceramics lol

Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by m3ntal
^ he already has carbon ceramics lol
Went through the whole thread and didn't see anything about brakes. Better safe than sorry, I guess! I suppose PCCBs would be slightly better for rotational weight in drag racing!

Old 12-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Ok more findings after this weekend of racing. I am using a 10lbs spring in my wg. works great for higher boost levels (where I have been testing) but system is flawed. at lower boost the gate open and do not control well. the gate on spring gives me 12psi like a rock.. mix the controller in and it will not hold boost because it seems like the controller overshoots one way then overshoots the other.. its just not fine enough. need more time to mess with it, It may be the guy pushing the keys. Other people use a nitrogen bottle or compressed air to control the gate, this is a street car tho so that's not an option. I wish the track was better prepped so I could have run at the boost levels I wanted too. big turbos low boost=big lag. I did break an axle so no more testing till new ones get here.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Very nice work Tim, that is unreal !! Now you need a Big Brake Upgrade Kit for the Red Sled of Terror with all that power you have. This is a complete vehicle kit that includes oversized brake rotors and calipers, performance brake pads, and ECS Exact-fit stainless steel reinforced brake lines, for front and rear axles.

Thank you. I have the pccb's . I do need lines tho. for a gt2 tho I converted the whole front suspension

Old 12-02-2012, 04:11 PM
skinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to behold
Ok more findings after this weekend of racing. I am using a 10lbs spring in my wg. works great for higher boost levels (where I have been testing) but system is flawed. at lower boost the gate open and do not control well. the gate on spring gives me 12psi like a rock.. mix the controller in and it will not hold boost because it seems like the controller overshoots one way then overshoots the other.. its just not fine enough. need more time to mess with it, It may be the guy pushing the keys. Other people use a nitrogen bottle or compressed air to control the gate, this is a street car tho so that's not an option. I wish the track was better prepped so I could have run at the boost levels I wanted too. big turbos low boost=big lag. I did break an axle so no more testing till new ones get here.
What size waste gates are you useing?? Also what boost controller??? AMS1000 boost controller is probably the best out there especially with wat you are trying to accomplish..

Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 PM
46mm.. Using the motec to do it at the boost by gear numbers that I set up on a dyno dynamics dyno it works with in 1psi. I just never though I would need less then that on the track

Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
46mm.. Using the motec to do it at the boost by gear numbers that I set up on a dyno dynamics dyno it works with in 1psi. I just never though I would need less then that on the track
Before I go in a long post with questions and possible things to try does the Motec have its own MAP sensor for ONLY the boost controller? The reason why I ask is because the AMS gave me some grief for a bit because of the MAP sensor placement.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
It also worked fine for awhile it just started randomly one day issues with it controlling came up. It wasn't a from the start problem. I had 12psi springs but now I run the single smaller red (or yellow) so its a .3 bar spring.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 PM
skinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to behold
gotcha..i use a magnetti marreli in my bike and also use the ecu to control boost..
But i like the idea of the ams1000 cause you can use time base or boost by gear..Just a thought for ya thats all..

Old 12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by skinny electra
gotcha..i use a magnetti marreli in my bike and also use the ecu to control boost..
But i like the idea of the ams1000 cause you can use time base or boost by gear..Just a thought for ya thats all..
I have the AMS1000 on my car with a compressed air tank with compressor in the trunk. Same setup that Sebastian runs in his street car.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
I have the AMS1000 on my car with a compressed air tank with compressor in the trunk. Same setup that Sebastian runs in his street car.
best way to do it..Seb is a great friend of mine thats why i know about his controller and how well it works..you put a number in the box and it makes that boost everytime

we run co2 on the bikes to controll the gate..manifold pressure defently varies and running it the way you have it you always have constant pressure..

Old 12-02-2012, 06:42 PM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
Tim I am impressed . Even though you had some issues you ran your car pass after pass and did what you said you were gonna . Run it till you breaks . Your a mad man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New location to hang turbos in