996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Invitational: Automotive Airfield Exhibition

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Pizzamangtr
Trying to figure out vehicle wieghts could be considered bench racing.
Touché !

could be but we have a real race setup.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:49 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mullet
trying to figure out what this means. Your car weighs 2900?
Yeah his car weighs 2900 with about 400 lbs of sand in the passenger seat

Old 08-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint

some of our buddies in Dallas have the same copious amounts of sand in their cars. After the event it will look like Egypt around that *****.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:52 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
trying to figure out what this means. Your car weighs 2900?

I think it weighs 1900lbs.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
some of our buddies in Dallas have the same copious amounts of sand in their cars. After the event it will look like Egypt around that *****.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

could be but we have a real race setup.
I know, just some friendly ball breaking! I'm Italian! It's in the blood!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Bwahahaha

Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by joetwint

Here's about what it looks like after the event.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Here's about what it looks like after the event.

is that what your racing at the event ? looks fast

Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Attention Registered Porsche Drivers at TI

IMPORTANT:: The surface at the Caddo Mills airfield is NOT a race or drag prepped 1/4 track. It is pavement/concrete like any other air strip. So, this may affect traction for those making BIG power. Please take this into consideration when choosing your set up ie: tires or suspension.

The full throttle run only last for about 4 seconds depending on your power level. There was a gutted Supra making more than 1200hp that had a very difficult time hooking. The all wheel drive cars had no problems (Lambos and GTRs). My car on 18's and R888's had no problems as well, but others making 1300-1500 may break loose. With such a short race, if you get behind at all against a car with similar or even less power, you're done.

It will be easy to get out there and get stomped by drivers that have done this event already. I want the Pcars to make a good showing this year so if you have any questions as to the timing light or pacing, please ask. PM me if you want as well. Or we can take the conversation off line if needed.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 AM
RACE GAS at TI

There have been a few inquiries about available race gas at TI. While there is none on site, we can arrange to have it delivered. Let me know how much and what kind you need and we will make it happen.

I only used about 5 gallons in one day in the spring. But since it is two days this October, I will probably want at least 15-20 gallons or so.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor
Speed Syndicate has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Syndicate has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed Syndicate has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
There have been a few inquiries about available race gas at TI. While there is none on site, we can arrange to have it delivered. Let me know how much and what kind you need and we will make it happen.

I only used about 5 gallons in one day in the spring. But since it is two days this October, I will probably want at least 15-20 gallons or so.
One of our sponsors Dynosaur Performance or their fuel vendor will bring some barrels out and you can purchase fuel direct from them. I know they will have C16. If there is need for other types they can get it. I assume the majority of Porsche owners use 109 so that shouldn't be a problem. Once we hear from the shop we will let you guys know.

Todd: Thanks for posting the information about the runway surface and what to expect. To the drivers who have never been out, Todd and the others who have experience competing out there have a lot of useful information. Don't hesitate to hit them up if you have questions.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
IMPORTANT:: The surface at the Caddo Mills airfield is NOT a race or drag prepped 1/4 track. It is pavement/concrete like any other air strip. So, this may affect traction for those making BIG power. Please take this into consideration when choosing your set up ie: tires or suspension.

The full throttle run only last for about 4 seconds depending on your power level. There was a gutted Supra making more than 1200hp that had a very difficult time hooking. The all wheel drive cars had no problems (Lambos and GTRs). My car on 18's and R888's had no problems as well, but others making 1300-1500 may break loose. With such a short race, if you get behind at all against a car with similar or even less power, you're done.

It will be easy to get out there and get stomped by drivers that have done this event already. I want the Pcars to make a good showing this year so if you have any questions as to the timing light or pacing, please ask. PM me if you want as well. Or we can take the conversation off line if needed.

Cliff notes

P cars are funked

Old 08-09-2012, 04:32 PM
EBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to beholdEBELLO is a splendid one to behold
HA funny guys!! for your information, the minimum weight in my class is 2850lbs and i'm over that. You'll see the car UP FRONT IN PERSON LITERALLY ;-) bring the scale! The car is all steel..some helpful information when i went 236.6mph I ran 19lbs boost 2920lbs 860hp testing new fuel in 2010 and now wouldn't you love to know! this is a little like poker. Am i bluffing or do I have a hand ?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
Texas hold em?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Texas Invitational: Automotive Airfield Exhibition