996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Invitational: Automotive Airfield Exhibition

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Just like that, with the exception of the helmet Marty wears.

Last edited by S-351; 10-18-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by S-351
Actually I was afraid of you licking the windows
Now that was funny. Well done sloss.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 PM
SUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of light
Woodster the car is a little different, not too much though! I have to give credit to Sloss he did an amazing job!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:38 AM
MKS
MKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of lightMKS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Here is Stacy's GT2 win over Kevin's UR R package car. 6 speed challenge.

http://youtu.be/wf3Mu7Fk5M4

Wow that's scary! The Gallardo spun in 2 gears and the Porsche didn't pass it even though he let off twice! The Porsche only passed when it didn't go to 4th!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mullet
I used your car too.
Originally Posted by S-351
Say it isn't so!
We can be sure this didn't actually happen because Mullet is still alive.

Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I never had a chance to ride in it because Bryant was afraid I would touch the inside of the windows

Old 10-19-2012, 08:58 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
So about 4 times the amount of the bike I raced all summer

Yup! Same here. Its not the Bike its the rider. But he make the economy go up so lets leave it at that

Old 10-19-2012, 02:38 PM
SUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of light
MKS that is a ****ing brilliant assessment!!! 1650whp Lambo vs. 1250whp Porsche! Let's hope its not close!!!

LOL!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SUPRAVIPER
Paulie the Porsche is just so easy to drive compared to the Viper! The torque is hard to control in the viper hence the wheel spin for Jarod in the finals! The guys at EVOMS built a beast! The Porsche platform in my opinion is a very good one! Don't get me wrong the GTR and Lamborghini are as well, I'm just not going to spend that kind of money!
Stacy, one drawback, IMO on the GT2 is the very light front end. If you are racing 40-160, its OK, but these cars get very scary above 200 mph.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Oh, I forgot....who wants to go over to the Lambo sub forum and start some s*&%?

Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Jitsu, how many times did you have you car north of 200mph.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:43 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I can answer that Ben. 0

Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
With a big cross wind the car goes really straight at those speeds.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Jitsu I have been in the top of 6th really hard, not sure mph but it had to be close to 200! The car felt fine! Who knows though!

EVOMS and I are going to try and hit the Shift sector event next month! It's a half mile side by side event! Looks cool! We shall see what it does on the top end! Wish us LUCK!!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Jitsu, how many times did you have you car north of 200mph.
None, 190 was the highest and scary as ****. Rear engine light front end (rwd) makes the front end highly unstable, or so it seems at those speeds.

Got my M3 (when it was SC and dynoed 644) to 185 once, and it felt a hell of a lot more stable/safe.

And Paulie, seriously, of all people you are probably the least qualified to comment on high speeds/racing or anything much beyond getting the car out of your driveway.

I do believe that their is a limit upon bench racing per thread, and you exceeded it about 10 pages back.

Just sayin....

Old 10-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
With a big cross wind the car goes really straight at those speeds.

If I recall correctly, Eric, you said that (I think it was 205 or so) was one of the scariest things you have ever done (and for those that don't know Eric, he has tons of track time).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Texas Invitational: Automotive Airfield Exhibition