996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

power retractable license mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
power retractable license mount

just ordered a power retracrable license plate mount .. anyone tried one ???

Old 07-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Empyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to behold
No... Interesting. I know that I've gotten lasered a couple of times doing about 80-83 mph in a 65, and was able to decel fast enough to not get a ticket. I think it takes a while for the LEO to get a fix on a car without the god-awful reflective front license plate.

OTOH, I also got a $100 tick for no front plate.

Retractable plate would be the best of both worlds, and potentially James Bond-ish. What's the site that you ordered from?

Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yes VERY Bond of you. Can't wait to see this

Old 07-06-2012, 11:35 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
found this on auto sport sez it's for mustang but will fit any car with a flat surface undr the front end . mine does but it's plastic ,will advise

Old 07-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
There are several in my Audi forum that use this. Its a cool fun device. It does require a good mounting location, and the 996 rreally doesnt have one (IMHO). Also, road clearance with the 996 may become a larger issue, unless you modify the center portion of air dam/splitter, or the conceeled plate will sit very low. Tell us how it goes. I did not think it was doable without too much tinkering.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:25 PM
gonna give it a shot... have a cf front lip that is flat on the bottom, two very nice bolts should hold the front of the bracket and the rear would bolt to the plastic underside of the car... if it does't work on the p car i'll put it on my work car . have pss9 set at the lowest level so am a tap worried about bottoming out

Old 07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
I know BMW guys that have them. One thing to remember is that it adds about an inch to the underside of your front if it's th one I'm thinking of. Just remember that it's there when you are going up driveways or over a small lips into a parking area or you will incur some damage to both the device and whatever you mounted it to.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks drag have been driving lowered cars for a few years so hope i got that stuff covered , just have to super aware as the front lip cost me about $800.00 and i know it will go byby with one mistake. it's about three years old with zero scraps

Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve harris
Thanks drag have been driving lowered cars for a few years so hope i got that stuff covered , just have to super aware as the front lip cost me about $800.00 and i know it will go byby with one mistake. it's about three years old with zero scraps
3 years and no scrapes? Damn lol I wish I had your skills. I can't even pull off a 50% chance of not scraping it while going up/down my driveway lol.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Empyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to behold
Another alternative is this handy tow hook license plate holder. It doesn't cut down on the clearance:

http://www.usmillworks.com/porsche_f..._tow_hook.html

Old 07-07-2012, 09:17 AM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Empyreal
Another alternative is this handy tow hook license plate holder..l
yes, I've got this on my M5.

I'm not sure why one would go to the expense (let alone the clearance/damage worry) of the retractable.. and when would you want it up (and down) ? seems to me it would be, like someone above insinuated, a nifty toy to show your buddies

Old 07-07-2012, 04:48 PM
want it up in citys that nail porsches for no plates

Old 07-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
What's the purpose of the US Mill Works tow hook license plate holder? Looks plain dumb with the plate in that off center placement. Only looks good on 944 and 968 as it has a center tow hook position.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 AM
no drilled holes i guess

Old 07-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
I have had plates done in sticker material and it takes a lot for the cops to actually see that it is not an original plate. No drilled holes as a result and flush on a Porsche!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: power retractable license mount