996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lloyd Mats!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
Lloyd Mats!

Needed to replace passenger side tail light housing because of crack, so I ordered custom Lloyd mats along with them off of Suncoast Porsche Parts (very quick shipping BTW). Very nice quality, I went with the red turbo font and red piping to match the seat belts. I like the way they are held down with the clip too. My last aftermarket mats weren't secured down and my driver side one folder, got caught under the pedals and I almost killed myself. Anyways, very nice overall! Even smelled clean too out of the box lol. Any questions about installation, please ask! Pics below

Name:  photo-5.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  242.0 KB

Name:  photo-6.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  244.4 KB

Name:  photo-3.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  358.9 KB

Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  157.1 KB

Old 07-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Very nice. They do look a bit darker than the cars carpet.

Matt

Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Porschejeff is infamous around these parts
I ordered some also a month or so ago. I never clipped mine down as IWasn't sure how to do that. They don't seem to move around. But,just curious how did you clip those down?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
I have the same mats, without the colored piping. The clip is a good theory but not very secure. I find that mine disengage regularly. The clips don't seem to positively hook up for some reason.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:20 AM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
I ordered some also a month or so ago. I never clipped mine down as IWasn't sure how to do that. They don't seem to move around. But,just curious how did you clip those down?
On the seat, there is a safety bracket on either side. On top of them are little clips that hold them in place. Pull those clips up and then slide the safety bracket off. Now, take one of the clips that came with the mats (should be a total of 4) and slide the back of it so it holds on to the nut of the railing. Slide the safety bracket back on. The mat should now be able to be clipped up. You may need to fidget the clip a bit to make it work; it's definitely not a perfect fit. Then repeat 3 more times. Let me know if you need pictures of the process.

Originally Posted by ASLAN
I have the same mats, without the colored piping. The clip is a good theory but not very secure. I find that mine disengage regularly. The clips don't seem to positively hook up for some reason.
Hmm, mine have remained clipped for a few weeks now, no issues at all. Make sure that the clip from the rail sticks out fully under the security bracket. I really had to fidget it out, even used pliers for one side. You should have full positive engagement if the clip is fully protruding.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
+1 - I've had mine of six months now and never had the clip release. I drive the car daily as well.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Sweet like the clips

Old 07-10-2012, 07:51 PM
JAYANDRETT would you mind posting some pics here on those safety brackets, I would appreciate it.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
I bought some Weather tech ones and the passenger one is cut wrong (for a 997)

They are nice and heavy duty but just get the driver side and you will be good!

Old 07-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
JAYANDRETT would you mind posting some pics here on those safety brackets, I would appreciate it.
Here are the instructions for an easy install:
-------------

Here's what the railing with the safety cover looks like:

Name:  photo-12.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  396.8 KB
---
In order to remove this safety cover, get your nail under that long black tab and lift it like half an inch. The cover should then easily slide off when you pull it towards the front of the car:

Name:  photo-11.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  147.3 KB
---
Now, take out those clips that the mats should have came with. Take one and slide the back of it so that it goes under the railing and around the bolt:

Name:  photo-10.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  253.5 KB
---
When it's around the bolt, pull the tab as far forward towards the nose of the car. It should look like this:

Name:  photo-9.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  278.5 KB
---
Slide the safety cover on to the railing. Make sure it properly lines up with the tracks.

Name:  photo-8.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  169.3 KB
---
You will here a click if the safety cover is slid into its proper resting position. If it doesn't click, pull the tab towards the nose of the car and slide the bracket towards the rear simultaneously. Just keep working at it until it clicks; it's not a perfect fit:

Name:  photo-8.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  169.3 KB
---
Now you can go ahead and clip in the underside of the mat. Hope this helped! Sorry for crappy pics btw, can't use a phone camera for crap

Name:  photo-7.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  159.2 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo-8.jpg (169.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Nice job, very helpful.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Miami M3 is infamous around these parts
thanks for the photos OP
just got my set of Lloyds from Suncoast and came with the clips -- was wondering where the hell the velcro was or how to install

Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !rmc1148 Is a GOD !
I have them also, they don't seem to move/ never put clips on either but will give it a try--thanks.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:04 PM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
I picked up some Lloyds mats with the same "turbo" script last week also and they are superior to the OEM ones I originally got from Pelican. The velcro was fine, but every time I accelerated hard the passenger mat would literally fold flat. The piece that extents toward the dash would always remain laying flat on the floor.
I was weary of the clip setup at first but it couldn't be better! They don't move and are also far more plush than OEM.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Jay - is your car arctic silver or seal grey? I have a seal grey and was wondering how the red piping looked in contrast. Also - do you have the Bose subwoofer?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lloyd Mats!