996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imola 996T versus 997GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 03:52 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
He goes by the "thepunisher" ... on this forum. Great guy from Italy. knows how to drive for sure. Him and I have were praising for years saying springs alone are great- with an alignment. I believe back in that video he was just on lowering springs and since then he has moved to coilovers. Kw i believe ?

p.s. GT3 RS are easy to pass

http://youtu.be/TeEuPyc-nhs?t=10m33s
Enrique... Now THAT is some nice driving my friend; nice to see the Porsche drivers who actually know how to drive their cars.

Thunderhill is such a fun track; I just did a track day on my BMW S1000RR, but we use the Cyclone, I noticed you were using the bypass.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:47 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I figured that was punisher.from watching the video. Great driving my friend, love to see the 996tt driven properly. One of the most underrated cars at the track.. And yes, does not take much to run circles around the gt3's.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 AM
ThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I figured that was punisher.from watching the video. Great driving my friend, love to see the 996tt driven properly. One of the most underrated cars at the track.. And yes, does not take much to run circles around the gt3's.
This is the the funniest part of "tracking a 996 TT" ... nobody look at you ... in the early morning !!!
The driver of the GT3 told to me that, when i'm behind him, i drive as he does when he's cooling down after some fast laps ... really when you get an extra power it's amazing how you can change gears at 4000 rpm on the straight to avoid jumping in the GT3 rear bumper !

Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ThePunisher
This is the the funniest part of "tracking a 996 TT" ... nobody look at you ... in the early morning !!!
The driver of the GT3 told to me that, when i'm behind him, i drive as he does when he's cooling down after some fast laps ... really when you get an extra power it's amazing how you can change gears at 4000 rpm on the straight to avoid jumping in the GT3 rear bumper !

Completely agree. Last time I was at the track, I parked next to 2 GT3's / RS and 1 Cup car. They GT3 guys (from rennlist) gave me the look of what em I doing here ( not the cup car, as he knows me )- you know that superior look most GT3 drivers have. Then I went out on my out lap for a shake down run they couldn't keep up. Then they kept inspecting my car. I asked for a ride in one of the GT3's (thus far I have had 16 ride along with GT3 drivers. 16 different drivers.) and man was it horrid. Missing apex's, missing braking points, not heal toeing properly- terrible. But out of the 16 GT3 drivers I have gone out with, sadly only two know how to drive. TWO. I think this is a very common , most GT3 owners thing they bought the rights of a good driver just by owning the car. Funny thing is, out of those 16, they are all on rennlist, the two that knew how to drive, are the least active members.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Right on Enrique. What's worse is a lot of guys with Turbo's blaming the car as to why they aren't going fast, as if the car doesn't have the potential. Al Norton runs with the new GT3's/RS's in a stock weight, K16 car with tune (which with the weight makes the acceleration even), sway bars, and KW V3's. And as shown here, it can be done with less.

Learn how to drive it properly, and it will reward you will LOTS and LOTS of other drivers hands out the window watching you go by.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 PM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Great vid, thanks for sharing!