996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imola 996T versus 997GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Imola 996T versus 997GT3 RS

Talking about our "old dogs".

Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Another P has a spectacular aura aboutAnother P has a spectacular aura about
The newer Imola 997 is no more. RA did it in....cool video. Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Great vid- thanks for sharing!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 AM
nyuaznguy is infamous around these parts
nice video!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Nice driving!

What shifter do you have in the car and do yo have the stock cables?

When you shift it looked very percise and it appeared to click in.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Nice driving!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Not me driving. Friend emailed it to me I am just sharing for speedsters.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
DO you mind asking?

Old 07-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
He goes by the "thepunisher" ... on this forum. Great guy from Italy. knows how to drive for sure. Him and I have were praising for years saying springs alone are great- with an alignment. I believe back in that video he was just on lowering springs and since then he has moved to coilovers. Kw i believe ?

p.s. GT3 RS are easy to pass

http://youtu.be/TeEuPyc-nhs?t=10m33s

Old 07-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Nice driving!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Bobby,

I've asked 'thepunisher' about his shifter before and he told me he got it from eBay. I thought the same thing about his shifts so felt compelled to ask. He has a degree of non-chalance that is really amazing...makes you feel like he's capable of just about anything behind the wheel.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:25 PM
ThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud of
Hey guys, you make me feel embarrassed ... i don't think i'm so strong ... it's all about the car !!!
So many time since the last time i visit the forum, been very busy ... in Italy we are experiencing though periods ... even using a 12 years old Porsche identifies you as a thief!
The equation is "You have a Porsche ? ... where the hell you stole the money to buy it !!!!"
This is why, most of the time, car is in the box ... but good times are close to come.
Ok, stop OT ... I'm gonna answer some questions i have read.
At the time of that footage car was on stock suspensions (no coilovers, no lowering springs) with a (Steve is right) short shifter bought on Ebay (i bought it in germany but i think is the same you have in the States ... the classic aluminum electric blu).
Now car is K24/18G equipped with a 1.3 flash tune from EPL, PSS9, GT3 adjustable lower arms, Eibach adjustable sway bars, semisolid Wevo motor mounts and some other nice stuff ... including a set of OZ Alleggerita wheels waiting to be mounted for the next event.
All i wanna say is a big thanks to all the guys of this awesome community ... you have been the inspiration for every modification actually installed on my car ... never stop, keep it up !!!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:46 PM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ThePunisher
Hey guys, you make me feel embarrassed ... i don't think i'm so strong ... it's all about the car !!!
So many time since the last time i visit the forum, been very busy ... in Italy we are experiencing though periods ... even using a 12 years old Porsche identifies you as a thief!
The equation is "You have a Porsche ? ... where the hell you stole the money to buy it !!!!"
This is why, most of the time, car is in the box ... but good times are close to come.
At the time of that footage car was on stock suspensions (no coilovers, no lowering springs) with a (Steve is right) short shifter bought on Ebay (i bought it in germany but i think is the same you have in the States ... the classic aluminum electric blu).
Now car is K24/18G equipped with a 1.3 flash tune from EPL, PSS9, GT3 adjustable lower arms, Eibach adjustable sway bars, semisolid Wevo motor mounts and some other nice stuff ... including a set of OZ Alleggerita wheels waiting to be mounted for the next event.
All i wanna say is a big thanks to all the guys of this awesome community ... you have been the inspiration for every modification actually installed on my car ... never stop, keep it up !!!

is this what you are talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-996-997-986-Short-Shift-Kit-/251028557091?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item3a7277cd23&vxp=mtr

Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ThePunisher
Awesome seeing you post again, amigo. We will drive at the track together someday ; )

Old 07-24-2012, 07:57 AM
ThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud of
Old 07-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Awesome seeing you post again, amigo. We will drive at the track together someday ; )
Oh yes, my friend !!!
Ciao

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Imola 996T versus 997GT3 RS