996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Garage progress....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:11 PM
MgnFicnT is infamous around these parts
Looks great!

Old 08-12-2005, 07:13 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
shank, it looks amazing. the cars are beautiful.

but you know, you really need a bigger garage
you don't need the living room anyway, no one actually uses it, right?

Old 08-12-2005, 08:21 PM
ProV1 is infamous around these parts

do u adopt????

Old 08-13-2005, 07:38 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
damn.. very nice collection

Old 08-14-2005, 12:35 PM
boltnbrew is infamous around these parts
Just got authorized to post and have been watching this thread with great curiosity. I'm in the process of a similar project, but needed to get zoning clearance from my city to get a ceiling height that is high enough for the Bend Pak's.

Shank, what is your interior ceiling height? Why Bend Paks instead of some other brand? Why 220 Amps? Did you mean 220 Volts (for the lift pumps)? I'd love pictures of how your contractor did the electrical connections. Contact off-line if you think it's best,

Congratulations as well,

Glenn

boltnbrew-one@yahoo.com

Old 08-14-2005, 01:49 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Ok i'll pm you my cell. I will take some close ups of the connections. THe lift uses a 220V power supply, so we had to put a 220V circuit in my garage. You also have to buy a seperate compressor to unlock the safety locks. You also need 15 quarts of ATF fluid for the hydrolics.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:56 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Very nice my friend! Do you need security for that garage of yours. With minimal food and a quick passenger seat ride in them from time to time, I can sleep in your garage and watch over those beauties. All kidding aside that garage makes me weak in the knees.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:41 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by ShankCS
Thanks bottomline, Racinghart..., if anyone in chicagoland area needs Garage work done, including Lifts, Flooring, Shelving, ...pretty much anything, I highly recommend Randy Kraft - 630-915-2105

Well you get what you pay for. I take back everything I said about the VCT tiles. WHile Randy Kraft did a fabulous job installing it, the VCT hardly holds upto its claims. We put 2 coats of wax, yet still the HOT TIRE leaves yellow stains that is a ***** to come off, if at all. Then if you turn the tires in the garage, rather than pulling straight out, the tiles shift, leaving uneven gaps. I spilled oil on the floor, and now there is a slight yellow hue to the white tiles. The rubber threshold with contact cement keeps coming up everytime the viper goes in and out of the garage.

One word about VCT flooring: GARBAGE.

I am having Xtremegarages install RaceDeck this coming Friday. Sorry to those who bought VCT from reading my post. It sure did look great when it first went in, but my floor looks 15 years old now. Here we go again .....this time with RACEDECK 18" tiles.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:19 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
love the VIPER

Old 10-12-2005, 01:56 AM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Simply Incredible...Please post more pics after the Racedeck goes in....

Do you need to remove the lift in order to uninstall the tiles/install racedeck?

I noticed the Audi is still outside.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 95RogueM3
Simply Incredible...Please post more pics after the Racedeck goes in....

Do you need to remove the lift in order to uninstall the tiles/install racedeck?

I noticed the Audi is still outside.
No, they cut around the lift. Infact they are going right over the VCT with the racedeck as well.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Bill W is infamous around these parts
Shank, if the VCT tiles are not solid now when you put the race dack on top of them it will be impossible for them to be solid. A shakey foundation will always lead to a shakey building.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Ryan,

You'll like the Racedeck -- mine has held up well and cleans very easily.

BTW, nice garage!

Old 10-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Shank,

Have you considered stained concrete ?? I did this for my garage and it is incredible. My pattern looks exactly like tile, but is unbelievably strong; I have a 1931 Ford that sat in the same spot for over a year, and when recently moved, left no marks/indentions. I have also dropped screwdrivers, left water standing, brake dust, etc..nothing bothers it. I move my Turbo and C4S in and out weekly and no marks on the floor, even when turning the wheel at slow or no speed. Also very reasonable; my 800 sq ft garage cost $1810.

Bill

Old 10-13-2005, 02:33 AM
Banned
M3j0n is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ShankCS
HI, sorry I didn't see this before... All the specs are here...

Link to Bendpak 9st specifications page
hey shank, they dont post the price of the lift.. roughly how much was it shipped to your place and install?

thanks! looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage progress....