996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Garage progress....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:40 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I paid 2500 for the lift, and another 900 for installation. THe capacity of the 9st is 9000lbs.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:41 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Bill in Atlanta
Shank,

Have you considered stained concrete ?? I did this for my garage and it is incredible. My pattern looks exactly like tile, but is unbelievably strong; I have a 1931 Ford that sat in the same spot for over a year, and when recently moved, left no marks/indentions. I have also dropped screwdrivers, left water standing, brake dust, etc..nothing bothers it. I move my Turbo and C4S in and out weekly and no marks on the floor, even when turning the wheel at slow or no speed. Also very reasonable; my 800 sq ft garage cost $1810.

Bill

Oh this was my first choice. I got stood up by the local stainers three times. Remember, I'm in the midwest. Things are a little tough to get done here. Many businesses here think you are doing them a favor by offering to hire their services.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:15 AM
RockV7 is infamous around these parts
Shank,

Nice garage. I notice you live in the Chicagoland area. Any chance in seeing your setup in person?

Last edited by RockV7; 10-14-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:05 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Looks great. What height are your garage ceilings? I'm thinking of doing the same thing. My ceilings are 9ft 4in.

David

Old 10-22-2005, 12:40 PM
updated pics...with race deck....

Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
another

Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2005, 12:47 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Bill in Atlanta
Shank,

Have you considered stained concrete ?? I did this for my garage and it is incredible. My pattern looks exactly like tile, but is unbelievably strong; I have a 1931 Ford that sat in the same spot for over a year, and when recently moved, left no marks/indentions. I have also dropped screwdrivers, left water standing, brake dust, etc..nothing bothers it. I move my Turbo and C4S in and out weekly and no marks on the floor, even when turning the wheel at slow or no speed. Also very reasonable; my 800 sq ft garage cost $1810.

Bill
Bill any shots of this - sounds interesting

Ryan as always looks stunning my man!

Old 10-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Very nice, I agree about the Midwest thing. People here feel you are doing them a favor when you hire them.

Old 10-30-2005, 04:59 PM
a couple of more garage pics....

Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2005, 05:00 PM

Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2005, 05:01 PM

Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2005, 05:01 PM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet!

Old 10-30-2005, 07:26 PM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
WOW

Old 10-30-2005, 08:14 PM
bottomline is infamous around these partsbottomline is infamous around these parts
Do you still have the SL?

Old 10-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
You have a near perfect collection.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage progress....