996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Garage progress....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 01:08 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
Shank,
What is your ceiling height??? and the clear distance to the garage door. I think that is the real question.

Do you live in Florida? I see Florida tags. I live in Weston, Florida and I am considering also installing a lift. I'm not sure if my ceilings will allow for one. I would stack my '02 Porsche C4 cab and a Ferrari or Lambo G (both would be future cars).

I WILL not park one of my cars outside, so if I can't get a lift in, I will have to move.

And your collection is SWEEEETTTTTTTTT, congrats

Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2005, 03:50 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
RobertM, I live in the west burbs of Chicago. SL is being shipped to FL. I wont park mine outside either. The ceiling height on that one side (with the single door) is 10'2"

Ryan

Old 10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Did you get Cargraphic wheels put on the gallardo?

Old 11-01-2005, 07:04 AM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
I only have 9'-6" from the floor to the GARAGE ceiling. I don't think that I have the height due to the garage door rolling into the area of the cars, even if I have the garage door opener installed on the wall.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:24 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Robert, you can raise the rails, or have your door go completely into the ceiling (straight up) - if there is an attick right above. Depends on the installer and garage door company. Also, what about carriage doors - again depends on what yoru house looks like.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:22 AM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
very nice looking garage. i like the track lights for the model cars.
btw, what kind of wheels on the 7 series?

Old 11-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
You need that ACS kit on the 7 and get some deep dish 24" chromes on their from HRE... if they make 24s that is.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Electron Mike is infamous around these parts
How is the race deck tile? Do you have any staining issues from the tires on the white tiles?

Sweet collection and garage!

Old 11-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Benjamin Choi
You need that ACS kit on the 7 and get some deep dish 24" chromes on their from HRE... if they make 24s that is.
I'm shank daddy, not puff daddy.

I have no issues now with hot tires on race deck. Before, the VCT would have yellow tire stains. The VCT would shift too when you turn the tires in the garage. Not anymore with racedeck.
Also, cleaning up is a breeze now.

THe wheels on the 7 are dealer 21" options on pirelli p zero nero.

I'm about to write a brief review in the BMW section of this forum.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I'm shank daddy, not puff daddy.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-01-2005 at 11:58 AM.