996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which wing do you prefer?
Stock Wing
26.21%
NR Auto Accesories Type 1
21.36%
GT2 add on wing
10.68%
GT2 wing
41.75%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Which wing do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Which wing do you prefer?

I love the look of the stock spoiler from the rear, because it really highlights the wide rear quarter panels and tires, but it's not very aggressive from the side.

I love the side and 3/4 views of our cars with the GT2 wing (except the area where the third brake light is located), but from the rear it over powers the quarter panels and makes the car look taller.

So I started thinking are some of the aftermarket wings a good compromise?

The question is which wing do you prefer given all views.

Later, Steve

BTW the pictures are in the same order as the poll.

Last edited by Steve Jarvis; 08-08-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:13 PM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
I've been thinking about getting the GT2 add on wing or the regular GT2 one, can't decide. The add on looks like it could be the best of both worlds, but I have concerns about just how well it would handle high speeds as it raises.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:13 PM
bludemon is infamous around these parts
I've always liked the GT2 wing, but I'd have to do the matching front bumper to complete the look.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:28 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
the techart looks the best

Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Strosek Wing

My cars the 2nd one down, I liked the TA Type 1 wing but there was always something not right about the way it sat that bothered me. I switched to a Strosek Wing so this is my vote! If not the Strosek wing then I would go GT2 Full Deck Lid... I do not like at all the GT2 add on wing, I think it is bulky, and does not fit the car properly.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
you forgot about the factory aerokit wing. for me the gt2 is the best looking but needs the front to complete the look

Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Stock looks the cleanest to me.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
SLO
SLO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Carbon
Stock looks the cleanest to me.
Agreed.

GT2 looks like something straight out of the Fast and the Furious movies. No thanks.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Stock then GT2 wing then GT2 Add on.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !Steve Jarvis Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
My cars the 2nd one down, I liked the TA Type 1 wing but there was always something not right about the way it sat that bothered me. I switched to a Strosek Wing so this is my vote! If not the Strosek wing then I would go GT2 Full Deck Lid... I do not like at all the GT2 add on wing, I think it is bulky, and does not fit the car properly.
You may be on to something, I like.

It's low profile when you need it, aggressive from some angles when down and from all angles when up and it doesn't detract from the wide rear quarters or block your view when down.

Of course I've changed my mind 3 times since this afternoon.

Later, Steve

Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Jarvis
I love the look of the stock spoiler from the rear, because it really highlights the wide rear quarter panels and tires, but it's not very aggressive from the side.
i think the stock wing at rest is downright flaccid. that may explain why so many of us freak when our hydraulics begin to fail. agreed, it's the side view, that looks disproportionately dimunitive to me.

i think the gt2 decklid/wing looks best, because to me, the gt2 is the "best" of the platform, and its looks reflect that. front and rear. but having said that, slapping gt2 parts on turbo's always looks mismatched or a bit... lets go with "mismatched". but that's probably only an observation made by owners, not uninformed onlookers of the car.

that strosek wing is the best looking compromise i have seen ( other than the misha/mashaw gt2 stuff ) and works as a bolt on with working hydraulics, no? it's a very tasteful wing, i like it. but i'd still put a fixed decklid/wing on if i was eliminating the stock "plumage" of up/down

...as i look around for a strosek

Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLO
Agreed.

GT2 looks like something straight out of the Fast and the Furious movies. No thanks.
Really? a GT2 looks like it was in F&F?

Thats an interesting statement

Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Jarvis
You may be on to something, I like.

It's low profile when you need it, aggressive from some angles when down and from all angles when up and it doesn't detract from the wide rear quarters or block your view when down.

Of course I've changed my mind 3 times since this afternoon.

Later, Steve
LOL thats what modding is about, sometimes the research is more fun then getting the parts

But yes I am just like you and stock was to stock, TA Type 1 was to ..."flat" almost forced... I am extremely happy with this wing, the only other options I would entertain would be OEM GT2 deck lid (very expensive) or OEM Aerokit (tough to find and expensive).

Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 PM
BOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTD is a splendid one to behold
My car came with #4 and I like it so that's my vote.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
what does everyone think about the gt-2 front bumper with the factory aerokit? the car im getting has the aerokit wing but the front still needs something

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which wing do you prefer?