996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone ever had this problem??(Shifter Related)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 03:17 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Anyone ever had this problem??(Shifter Related)

Ok, having my FVD SSK(Short Shift Kit) last night I have had this problem...
It has happened to me twice...
Inside the console, there are the 2 "springy things"(can be seen through the ashtray). The one on the left has popped off the little white thing a couple times that connects it to the shifter...the result is the shifter "flops" to the side... All gears can still be engaged, its just it can swing from side to side when in neutral... My installer will be fixing this tomorrow morning by putting a "clamp" on there, that he has on some "other porsches" so I am not concerned, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. He said he has seen it two other times...
Regards,
Evan

Old 10-24-2003, 05:41 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
No1??? I have heard of 2 other people....but no1 on here??
Evan
PS-Has nothing to do with the FVD SSK, its still factory parts...

Old 10-24-2003, 06:06 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The spring clip actually holds the cables steady and in place. If they are not snapped in their spot it. As far as I know they are only available via the whole assembly. You might make sure they are snug and snapped in place firmly.

Old 10-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by PorschePhD
The spring clip actually holds the cables steady and in place. If they are not snapped in their spot it. As far as I know they are only available via the whole assembly. You might make sure they are snug and snapped in place firmly.
They are snapped in, thats the thing, after a bit of driving they come off....o well clamp going on tomorrow should solve it...
Evan

Old 10-25-2003, 11:49 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Get the EVO billet shift linkage holder....I am putting in mine tomorrow...

Old 10-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by msindi
Get the EVO billet shift linkage holder....I am putting in mine tomorrow...
I fixed mine with a better part , check my post below, FACOTORY PIECE OFF A GT3-RS race car
Evan