996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

? Recommendations on porsche rental in germany???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 PM
RufGmbH is a jewel in the roughRufGmbH is a jewel in the roughRufGmbH is a jewel in the roughRufGmbH is a jewel in the rough
? Recommendations on porsche rental in germany???

Greetings All.

I'm thinking about taking a road trip in Germany this fall. Anyone have any recs on the best place, method, price for renting a Porsche in Germany. I've done some online searches for Avis, etc, and seen mixed things. I'm wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this to give me pointers:

1. Do I need international driver's license
2. Did you purchase the pricey auto insurance in addition to your own personal US auto policy

Thanks for suggestions.

JD

Old 08-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I just got back from Europe and used Europcar. They had a good selection in Geneva. For the $15 it costs for a AAA international drivers license it was to cheap not to have. No to the extra insurance. USAA has always done right by me. But depending on which countries you visit it might be worth it. If you are going to Switzerland do not speed. It will cost you lots of $$$. Munich also had a number of Porsche's.

Last edited by Gunther; 08-15-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I've rented Porsche's from Avis several times. No need for International license if you're from Canada or US. Don't know about other countries.

My deductible was Euro 1,500 and no I didn't take any extra insurance.

John in Vancouver

Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Car rental in Europe is expensive. Unless you have some special policy, your own car insurance will not cover it. I've always paid for the insurance in Europe.

Btw, you can speed in Switzerland, just not in a rental or as a Swiss citizen