996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New 996TT owner intro

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:37 AM
quick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the rough
New 996TT owner intro

Hi Guys,

After a Porsche drought of nearly 10 years I finally jumped back into the pool with my dream car. I purchased an 03' 996 TT in Polar Silver with Black, only 41K miles, and to make the wife a happy driver, this example has the Tip S tranny.

Age 50 now, my P car obsession started at age 19 with a 75 914 2.0 as has included a 77' 930, 95' 993, 99' 996, and 4 different 968's. I'm an obsessive garage monkey, nothing intimidates me when it comes to mods, and working on these great cars has been the source of much pleasure over the years. In the past I was also a pretty serious track rat and PCA DE instructor for the Hill Country, Lone Star and Maverick Regions for several years in my 968 Club Sport at all the central Texas tracks. Sadly having 3 kids in school killed the racing budget for a while; but time goes by and I'm excited to be back in the Pcar family as it were. Hoping to take the TT to some of the DE's here in the Az region and get back onto the track.

Lots of incredible support here on 6speed, particularly for folks like me who like to tinker and modify. Looking forward to getting to know the regulars here and hope I can occasionally contribute to the knowledge base.

Best Rgds
Mike Fredette
Gilbert, Az.

Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Mike,
let me be the first to welcome you to 6 speed. Lots of good people on here.
Good luck with your 6tt and we look forward to your posts. Looks like you have a lot of P experience so you will be no doubt be a great asset to the Forum
Frank

Old 08-21-2012, 11:09 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hi, Welcome.My Turbo was also my dream car when I purchased it.
YOU will enjoy your rides in it and also the rides on this forum..LOL.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:08 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Mine looks almost exactly like it, except it's Arctic Silver (I still can't tell the difference LOL).

Old 08-21-2012, 03:09 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FI_FTW
Very nice! Mine looks almost exactly like it, except it's Arctic Silver (I still can't tell the difference LOL).

Welcome to 6 Speed. If you plan to mod the motor, plan to mod the tranny.

Love the Polar Silver.

Arctic Left (MBailey) and Polar right (BlackHorseTurbo)

Polar left and Arctic Right.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:12 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Welcome to the 6! It's difficult to find a clean polar silver car. Congrats and enjoy it in great health!

Old 08-21-2012, 03:18 PM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Welcome to 6spd Mike...

Old 08-21-2012, 03:29 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, thanks for those pics! I've never seen them side by side. I definitely couldn't tell if I saw them separately though.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 PM
SpoolBus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by quick968
Hi Guys,

After a Porsche drought of nearly 10 years I finally jumped back into the pool with my dream car. I purchased an 03' 996 TT in Polar Silver with Black, only 41K miles, and to make the wife a happy driver, this example has the Tip S tranny.

Age 50 now, my P car obsession started at age 19 with a 75 914 2.0 as has included a 77' 930, 95' 993, 99' 996, and 4 different 968's. I'm an obsessive garage monkey, nothing intimidates me when it comes to mods, and working on these great cars has been the source of much pleasure over the years. In the past I was also a pretty serious track rat and PCA DE instructor for the Hill Country, Lone Star and Maverick Regions for several years in my 968 Club Sport at all the central Texas tracks. Sadly having 3 kids in school killed the racing budget for a while; but time goes by and I'm excited to be back in the Pcar family as it were. Hoping to take the TT to some of the DE's here in the Az region and get back onto the track.

Lots of incredible support here on 6speed, particularly for folks like me who like to tinker and modify. Looking forward to getting to know the regulars here and hope I can occasionally contribute to the knowledge base.

Best Rgds
Mike Fredette
Gilbert, Az.

Welcome Mike! I joined recently too, even though I had been trolling around here for the last couple years. I bought my dream car (01 SY 996TT) a couple years back. I can relate to being a porsche nutt since being a kid. I grew up being mesmorized by the sound and looks of porsche race cars when I was like 9 years old. I saved up and bought my Turbo on my 29th birthday. It looks like you know your way around pcars very well and I look forward to reading your posts. I love this forum. Very knowledgeable people who are passionate about their cars and very willing to help guys like myself who are constantly learning how to mod and maintain our babies.
Cheers,
Mike

Old 08-22-2012, 12:22 AM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Welcome to the forum! Nice choice on the car!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 AM
cburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats and enjoy her! I am a relatively new owner as well and cannot wipe the grin off my face when I drive it.

Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo

Polar left and Arctic Right.
And there you have it....Arctic is the faster silver

Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cburke996
Congrats and enjoy her! I am a relatively new owner as well and cannot wipe the grin off my face when I drive it.

And there you have it....Arctic is the faster silver
It was for that race for sure.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by quick968
Hi Guys,

Best Rgds
Mike Fredette
Gilbert, Az.

I like this introduction, remind me someone ;-) Welcome to 6speed!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 03:28 PM
quick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Welcome to 6 Speed. If you plan to mod the motor, plan to mod the tranny.

Love the Polar Silver.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I knew there was something else missing besides the car all these years, and it's definitely the people.

I plan to keep the mods on the car firmly on the safe side of silly. Getting ready to order one of Enrique's snazzy new EBWerks exhausts and one of Kevin's UMW tunes, perhaps some K16Gs from him as well but really that's about it. The wife enjoys driving it quite a bit so I don't want to ruin a good thing. She wouldn't set foot in the 968CS on or off track, her driving the Tip is a huge leap forward.

Would love any direction on local Phoenix, Az shops for service and mods, the dealer is quite a hike.

Look forward to contributing if possible.

Cheers
Mikey

Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
congrats on your pickup! i had a polar silver car, loved it! actually preferred to my current arctic.. but my arctic one's faster, so fair trade

given your level of experience with pcars and modding, you're gonna have a blast with this one starting from stock. i think it's fair to say, that modded vs stock is night and day. driver her in good health and welcome! this place is incredibly helpful, as you already know.

and as to local to phx shops? http://www.evoms.com/Splash.asp?nav=...5%3A59%3A23+PM

not sure you need to do better than these guys?

Last edited by '02996ttx50; 08-22-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: addinfo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New 996TT owner intro