996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Agency Power GT2 Clutch Slave Conversion Kit Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 01:00 AM
stephan_porsche is infamous around these parts
I cant speak for other peoples experiences other than a bad experience is usually based in unrealistic exceptions.

Ive been working with Vivid Racing and Dan's Team since early 2011 and I have nothing but outstanding things to say about them!

Even while I was deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan they have bent over to accommodate my needs and time schedule. They consistently deliver high quality products and services!

As far as cost and pricing, I feel any complaints are based in lie's because based upon my experience, every time they have sent me a bill or estimate, I have researched the price of every item and i can tell you that every single time, they have been at market price and well below and numerous times I have seen them apply discounts out of professional courtesy; making me a very happy customer. They are highly focused on delivering low cost and being highly competitive.

Their Technicians are high qualified and knowledgeable. Just recently ripping my engine down to bare block and undergoing a massive build to complete a 470hp Methanol Porsche; that has stood the test of numerous dyno pulls, drag strip runs and long track sessions that would melt most cars down.

They are some of the finest Fabricators I've seen, creating what ever part that cannot be sourced and completely creating custom body kit pieces at their facility.

Vivid Racing and Dan haven't let me down once, I feel cost and quality of their products and services are bar none and they have earned and continued to earn my loyal business!

Last edited by stephan_porsche; 09-01-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:48 AM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
It seems Vivid/Agency Power has a few diehard fans on the board. Understandable, who doesn't want to pay the least amount possible for parts?

I'm curious if there is another shop out there that would stick their neck out for them?

Old 09-01-2012, 08:27 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXTurbo996
It seems Vivid/Agency Power has a few diehard fans on the board. Understandable, who doesn't want to pay the least amount possible for parts?

I'm curious if there is another shop out there that would stick their neck out for them?

This is something that the VENDORS need to address...all the nut lickers should stay out. This isn't about how nice, cheap, great, or whatever they are, but issues among vendors...

Old 09-01-2012, 08:39 AM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
Evolution is not any better than anyone else here and certainly do not stand behind their product.
Avoid them at all costs I had $5K in expense due to their defective GT2 conversion kit that they would not stand behind. Without doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
All the people that come in here with "Oh I hate these guys cause they screwed me" or "Oh I hate these guys cause they overcharged me" all need to stay out. This is between multiple vendors. Please keep the BS post to a minimum!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:00 AM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
The vendors should really take this off the forum if the don't want comments when they try to take the high ground. You are right I let my total frustration with a vendor get the better of me.
This post is actually a new release of a product thread that other vendors crapped all over. Close this thread

Last edited by jonty; 09-01-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:05 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jonty
The vendors should really take this off the forum if the don't want comments when they try to take the high ground, this post is actually a new release of a product thread that other vendors crapped all over. Close this thread

I'm sure they have their reasons.....these vendors are all big boys! but it's not about us

Old 09-01-2012, 09:24 AM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by topgun
I'm sure they have their reasons.....these vendors are all big boys! but it's not about us
I disagree with that a bit. I'm new to modding the 996TT, and previous platforms I've modded had no overlap with the tuners that work on P cars. I don't want to do business with a vendor that has crappy relations with other vendors/tuners. What would happen if I installed parts from a "bad" vendor, then took the car to a tuner later on who said I needed all new parts because the old parts were crap (even though they may not be?) Just because they had an ax to grind with that particular company.

The more info we consumers have about the different vendors and tuners out there, the easier we can make an informed choice about who we choose to do business with.

I'm going to be shopping for exhaust/tune and probably a turbo upgrade next year. I'm going to give that business to a shop that I feel will stand behind their product, and hopefully one that enjoys a good relationship with other businesses, especially if I'll be buying a competitors parts and having them installed.

This has been a very informative thread for me.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by TXTurbo996
I disagree with that a bit. I'm new to modding the 996TT, and previous platforms I've modded had no overlap with the tuners that work on P cars. I don't want to do business with a vendor that has crappy relations with other vendors/tuners. What would happen if I installed parts from a "bad" vendor, then took the car to a tuner later on who said I needed all new parts because the old parts were crap (even though they may not be?) Just because they had an ax to grind with that particular company.

The more info we consumers have about the different vendors and tuners out there, the easier we can make an informed choice about who we choose to do business with.

I'm going to be shopping for exhaust/tune and probably a turbo upgrade next year. I'm going to give that business to a shop that I feel will stand behind their product, and hopefully one that enjoys a good relationship with other businesses, especially if I'll be buying a competitors parts and having them installed.

This has been a very informative thread for me.
Agreed...but this thread isn't about a happy or unhappy camper it's morphed into issues between vendors. hopefully they can resolve their issues without the cheerleaders getting their panties twisted

Old 09-01-2012, 10:25 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Chris although i do agree, do you know how bad this makes these companies look airing their **** out on the public ?? to me ? it looks really bad, it should be taken care of through pms etc...

i know who will never , get a cent of my money.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
I trust few shops
agency power isn't on my short list.
so.... smart ones know
others well... not so smart

OMG thread is longer than I thought

I've bought and sold more parts and cars than
some dealerships. there are some shops that simply goes above and beyond to fulfill my unrealistic expectations.

Last edited by mooty; 09-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Chris although i do agree, do you know how bad this makes these companies look airing their **** out on the public ?? to me ? it looks really bad, it should be taken care of through pms etc...

i know who will never , get a cent of my money.

I was going to say something to you, but I forgot what it was now?

Old 09-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
No this can be discussed in open forum, nothing wrong with the consumer understanding business.

We will not close this thread

Originally Posted by jonty
The vendors should really take this off the forum if the don't want comments when they try to take the high ground. You are right I let my total frustration with a vendor get the better of me.
This post is actually a new release of a product thread that other vendors crapped all over. Close this thread

Old 09-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
So going back to the original part release...if all of the parts are OEM except for the bracket...it's been a few years since the original bracket was release and if the VR bracket works the same, if not better...for $100 less...why would anyone question the new product? EVOMS can't forever charge us $500 for a bracket right? I do recall reading about problems around EVOMS version of the GT2 kit. I think someone here also posted a solution for about $700.

Just playing devil's advocate. I don't buy the latest and greatest and if I do, I understand having to pay a premium.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:37 PM
bng4god has a spectacular aura aboutbng4god has a spectacular aura about
Kudos to the mods for leaving this thread open!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power GT2 Clutch Slave Conversion Kit Released