996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Agency Power GT2 Clutch Slave Conversion Kit Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:16 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
IB Tim,

I agree this may have been tha case years ago and you can still seek out cheap poor quality coping but then again you can do this in eastern europe or in the USA if you want. All comes down to your requirements, if its just price you will get what you paid for!

Some of my best technical staff are Chinese.

If you are diligent with who you work with they can be the best out there.

The world is changing and so has china.

'Made in Tiawan' used to hold the same stigma, now look at your mobile phone or flat screen TV...

Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 PM
jonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to alljonty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by IB Tim
The quality is NOT there.....no way around it, by the quantity of the products they export.
LOL to Funny quantity equates to quality...... not

Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Speedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant future
I have no problem buying a iPad, btw made by Foxconn in China....clearly jobs was the most **** and detailed orientated, so no doubt quality can be produced. But from experience, the walmarting of America(I support free enterprise), has decimated manufacturing in the US the last 2 decades. I would and will pay more for a custom part made in the USA, or good ole German OEM.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
actually scale of numbers can drive quality where one-offs don't...

Old 09-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Speedtrapped,

Paying more for 'home grown' hasn't worked for many countries and for many products in the past, it only bolsters sales short term. Look at the UK's car manufactoring and Australia is following suit. The world is changing and countries need to look at what they do best and focus on that although some items should be sourced locally even if you have to pay a bit more, I'm think food here.

The reason for the lower manufactering costs is markedly lower labour costs, quality aside the ROW can't compete. Europe did the same going Eastern block for cheaper labour.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I tried to not add my .02 cents but here we go... Todd Z, When I was a dealer for you I called you and we spoke about other "Dealers" that had a deeper cut selling over the internet to my area or even you yourself out of your place selling in the area that was mine. I explained how I felt about it and what my thoughts where. A few weeks later you pulled my dealership.

If you where truly concerned about your products, which I feel are some of the best made.

1) You would not allow your dealers to sell out of their area.
2) All dealers would have the same pricing regardless of volume
3) If you (EVOMS) sold a part it should be pick up only at the closest local dealer so they can meet and greet go over the product, tips to install or even get the install job.. That is what the dealer is there for no? Install your parts?

What I have outlined would keep you in full control and no one could cheapen your brand by slutting it out. Or selling it to someone who has not a clue but with the money he saved he can buy a tool kit to install your product and when its done wrong your "product" was to blame. Oh one better.. Your product gets sold to someone who is known to rip of good ideas so one more sale could be made before the end of month.

Tim

Old 09-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Speedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ur20v
Speedtrapped,

Paying more for 'home grown' hasn't worked for many countries and for many products in the past, it only bolsters sales short term. Look at the UK's car manufactoring and Australia is following suit. The world is changing and countries need to look at what they do best and focus on that although some items should be sourced locally even if you have to pay a bit more, I'm think food here.

The reason for the lower manufactering costs is markedly lower labour costs, quality aside the ROW can't compete. Europe did the same going Eastern block for cheaper labour.
You describe comparative advantage, classic economics. I merely state I would rather support an American manufacturer, engineer, and labor. Cheaper is what it is, cheap.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 AM
mb5000 is just really nicemb5000 is just really nicemb5000 is just really nicemb5000 is just really nice
I'm from the tiny bit of the world called Lithuania so you could imagine that I go through quite a struggle when I need some aftermarket parts for my cars.. Following the recommendation found on these forums I discovered Dan and Vividracing and I have been the customer for a few years already. Everytime I approached Dan with my inquiries for various parts and services for my cars I have received very informative and swift replies. As I am very reasonable person and I like to compare and check prices elsewhere and I have never received a better quotation than Dan's. This led me to heavy modifications for my 997TT which is now sold for a happy new owner. Now I own a 430 spider and have big plans for it, thus Dan will be the first person to receive my email. I very very happy with his service.
Attaching the pic of my 997TT, which was stock until Dan helped me

Last edited by mb5000; 09-03-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 AM
jrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant future
First thing i notice about this kit is that it does look identical to the EVOMS kit but with holes cut into the main bracket. The problem i see with the holes in the bracket is that it has now weakened the bracket allowing it to flex when the clutch is applied possibly not fully releasing the clutch causing premature wear. Then there is the rod angle. Those GT2 slaves are meant to be pushed straight out and in. With the rod being as such an angle i would fear that premature damage to the o-rings inside the case is going to happen with the piston having awkward forces being applied to it. This whole thread reminds me of the one back a while ago titled "Blown what! Agency power intercoolers". This thread seems to be a common occurrence when agency power releases a "NEW" product.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:24 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jrekucki
This whole thread reminds me of the one back a while ago titled "Blown what! Agency power intercoolers".
If you check ebay, it appears another distributor got ahold of these coolers and is playing the same game at $988. Still 10x what they're worth (have you seen the inside of the core? there's a reason they're labeled "high flow" )

IMHO, "bringing the Porsche tax down" with questionable parts only bolsters the P-car tax. We saw a wave of el cheapo parts come across the Supra community around 8 years ago, the owners that chose to go that route payed for it in the end via outright failures (I was in this camp), diminished resale or both. Like ur20v said, some knockoffs may have better quality, but it can be difficult to know before its too late.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I agree its difficult to tell quality and I would say the vendours are complicit here: if they trust the source manufacture and do some checks and trials or are happy the manufacture has been down this route then there should be no problem.

I think a lot of companies bang on about R&D costs too much, having designed and built parts and kits for race cars, I know the man hours involved. Its just a Porsche tax end of.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:54 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Wow. That was exciting.

Over a good many years, I've simply refused to buy from Vivid. I will not support a company that is built on ripping off thought leaders and innovators just to give 'the community' cheap products.

Many view Dan as a modern day Robin Hood.

I view him as an unavoidable byproduct of commercial and market forces, and a guy that makes a lot of money stealing ideas from people that really cannot comer after him in any meaningful way.

If he was running Samsung, he'd get what he deserved. (Like that cell phone analogy... )

Personally I just won't support it....

A

Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jrekucki
First thing i notice about this kit is that it does look identical to the EVOMS kit but with holes cut into the main bracket. The problem i see with the holes in the bracket is that it has now weakened the bracket allowing it to flex when the clutch is applied possibly not fully releasing the clutch causing premature wear. Then there is the rod angle. Those GT2 slaves are meant to be pushed straight out and in. With the rod being as such an angle i would fear that premature damage to the o-rings inside the case is going to happen with the piston having awkward forces being applied to it. This whole thread reminds me of the one back a while ago titled "Blown what! Agency power intercoolers". This thread seems to be a common occurrence when agency power releases a "NEW" product.
The rod angle is stupid. I agree, a very bad design considering the forces that the rod/slave is under every time you engage the clutch. I don't see why if you want to do the GT2 conversion why you wouldn't do it correctly and do it just like on the GT2 without the bracket. Have the gear case drilled and tapped and have everything mounted as designed by Porsche with GT2 parts. Money wise it's a wash. The $400 to $500 you save by not having to buy the bracket kit will pretty much cover the additional labor it will take to drop the gearbox and have it drilled and tapped. It's really a no brainer. I looked at both methods when I had my conversion done and found the drill/tap method superior in every aspect..

Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
The rod angle is stupid. I agree, a very bad design considering the forces that the rod/slave is under every time you engage the clutch. I don't see why if you want to do the GT2 conversion why you wouldn't do it correctly and do it just like on the GT2 without the bracket. Have the gear case drilled and tapped and have everything mounted as designed by Porsche with GT2 parts. Money wise it's a wash. The $400 to $500 you save by not having to buy the bracket kit will pretty much cover the additional labor it will take to drop the gearbox and have it drilled and tapped. It's really a no brainer. I looked at both methods when I had my conversion done and found the drill/tap method superior in every aspect..
That's what I was thinking...if you have to remove the gear box, drill and tap and be done. However, his bracket says that the gear box must be dropped in order to be installed. I thought these aftermarket brackets are so you can install it without dropping the gear box.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:18 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ard

If he was running Samsung, he'd get what he deserved. (Like that cell phone analogy... )

Sorry deleting my post.. lets stay on the topic

Last edited by SSMugen; 09-04-2012 at 11:22 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power GT2 Clutch Slave Conversion Kit Released