996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Agency Power GT2 Clutch Slave Conversion Kit Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Agency Power GT2 Clutch Slave Conversion Kit Released

If the hydraulic assist on your factory Porsche 996 Turbo or X50 is giving you trouble with racing through the gears, then you might want to check out this new product from Agency Power. The GT2 slave conversion kit gets rid of the hydraulic assist to give your clutch pedal a stiffer more responsive feel to it. The factory slave does fail sometimes so this product can serve as a replacement or an upgrade. The kit includes a CNC machined aluminum bracket that fits on top of the transmission to mount the new components. In addition, a shorter rod is included which keeps the pedal travel limited yet still offering a comfortable daily driving machine. New OEM Porsche parts are included to replace the existing hardware. The blue anodized bracket is mounted on to the transmission which requires it to be removed from the vehicle.

This kit includes all parts that are needed for installation. It will fit all Porsche 996 Turbo, Turbo S, X50 cars from 2001-2005. View product pricing information here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...150705354.html

Old 08-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !Engine Guy Is a GOD !
No boot on the rod going into the bell housing.... And if it is from Agency Shower I only have to wonder "Whos kit did they copy"

Not to rain on your circus Dan but Agency power has a well deserved rep for building second rate components that favor margins not quality. IMHO it shows with the quality of the hose in the pictures, plus no sealing boot and they should have broken all the hard sharpe corners on the bracket to ease knuckle abuse and it would look more refined.

Last edited by Engine Guy; 08-30-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We did not copy anyones. The bracket we built as a 2 piece setup for the prototype as pictured raw and test fitted to the OEM parts required to make the conversion. Then we had the piece machined out of 1 piece aluminum. Its not hard to see what OEM parts are needed to do the conversion. If your looking at the raw aluminum pictures, that is all prototype showing the bracket mounted to the trans. If you look at the blue bracket, you can see it is well machined and refined.

I proudly own Agency Power and Vivid Racing. They do not have that rep. If they did, they would not be selling millions of dollars of products to dealers worldwide. That is something you tune into. Every company has haters, those people are the ones that use the internet to express themselves. The people who are satisfied with their products typically dont post, but thats life. Unfortunately, you can only make a certain products certain ways. Wheels, pulleys, etc.

I am excited to know that you understand our business model after indepth research... "margins not quality". Anyways, happy Thursday, thanks for starting the post off.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Engine Guy
No boot on the rod going into the bell housing.... And if it is from Agency Shower I only have to wonder "Whos kit did they copy"

Not to rain on your circus Dan but Agency power has a well deserved rep for building second rate components that favor margins not quality. IMHO it shows with the quality of the hose in the pictures, plus no sealing boot and they should have broken all the hard sharpe corners on the bracket to ease knuckle abuse and it would look more refined.
EG-

Lots of people agree with your post, but I give it 30 minutes before it gets deleted along with mine.

AP is a follower-

A

Old 08-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Mpsuk is infamous around these parts
Everything ap i have bought has been fine. If you dont want to buy this product then dont. Why try to slag someone trying to make a living? Your wives not blowing you?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Own age!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !

Well thats obvious. They copied our kit. You have to be kidding me Dan. How many more parts of ours are you going to copy? You are a piece of work. How do you look yourself in the mirror every morning? Maybe its time for me to dig out some old papework that you signed.... hummm.

WHAT A FRIGGIN JOKE Rip off and Duplicate - seems to be substituted for the real meaning of R&D but you couldnt even copy it correctly LOLOLOLO. -TZ

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 PM
bng4god has a spectacular aura aboutbng4god has a spectacular aura about
Wow, stumbled upon this post. Entertaining is an understatement! Getting my popcorn now and hoping the mods keep the thread open...

Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Guys i will watch this thread so it does not get out of hand and make sure we all behave.

Thank you

Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yep you guys called it. Couldn't even copy it properly. It wouldn't be the first time. Vivid/Agency Power has a long history in the industry of buying stuff from Tubi, Champion, TechArt, EVOMS etc... and just sending it off to Taiwan and China to copy and redistribute as their own. They actually do C&D not R&D. I'm sure most folks on here can read between the lines but for the newbies that sadly don't know any better they get duped into thinking because it's "cheaper" it's a good deal. Well the reason it's cheaper is because there's no R&D, and a product is simply shipped to Asia to knock off (and that IS cheap to do btw). Don't be surprised when it doesn't fit or is made with inferior quality material.

The problem is it gives products a bad name by copying them incorrectly just like the 997TT boost recirc valve episode for example:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...brvs-ap-2.html

Or another example of this type of nonsense if when you supposedly "sell" IPD plenums (which also have a patent btw) but then decide to copy it and sell an Agency Power version:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...limp-mode.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...cuum-tube.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...sive-ones.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...well-kind.html

After you've given the plenum a bad name in the industry with a poor copy you then do a "clean out your IPD inventory":
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...they-last.html

Heck he's even copied my own stuff by purchasing it from another company etc...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...elete-gt3.html

It's bad for the industry and why so many vendors have chosen to no longer deal with Vivid directly.

If you guys want to buy Agency Power exhausts just go straight to the source and get it even cheaper on Jim Technologies, Ebay, Alibaba etc... You'll save even more money I guess.

I hope you skateboard (do you even own one?) better than you keep "slingin' mega-deals" of stuff you buy from vendors and no longer need once they're copied.

This thread will and should remain open. It's important that people really know where, how and why stuff gets sold cheap like this and be at least aware. Why would we close this thread and hide it?

If anyone wants to just look at the third picture down on the Jim Technology web site showing exhausts/headers etc...
http://www.jim.com.tw/

Those are the exact products that are being hawked at US-made Agency Power Cayman and Turbo Exhausts. What a lie.

Last edited by sharkster; 09-01-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Well put alex. There is a ton more that i could add but you nailed it. The truth hurts! Lets see what happens this time.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-30-2012, 10:45 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
fixed it for you

Originally Posted by sharkster
If you guys want to buy Agency Power intercoolers just do straight to the source and get it even cheaper on Jim Technologies, Ebay, Alibaba etc... You'll save even more money I guess.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
If the hydraulic assist on your factory Porsche 996 Turbo or X50 is giving you trouble with racing through the gears, then you might want to check out this new product from Agency Power. The GT2 slave conversion kit gets rid of the hydraulic assist to give your clutch pedal a stiffer more responsive feel to it. The factory slave does fail sometimes so this product can serve as a replacement or an upgrade. The kit includes a CNC machined aluminum bracket that fits on top of the transmission to mount the new components. In addition, a shorter rod is included which keeps the pedal travel limited yet still offering a comfortable daily driving machine. New OEM Porsche parts are included to replace the existing hardware. The blue anodized bracket is mounted on to the transmission which requires it to be removed from the vehicle.

This kit includes all parts that are needed for installation. It will fit all Porsche 996 Turbo, Turbo S, X50 cars from 2001-2005. View product pricing information here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...150705354.html

Don't you guys also sell the Evoms kit? How is this any better or different? They both look the same....

Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I don't know why people are knocking somebody for copying a part/component that works well. Yes I'm very familiar with Vivid's propensity for copying other people's designs since I'm a long-time Porsche and Subaru guy who heavily modifies every car I own and have for many years.

Why throw money into R&D to build a better mousetrap? I can see why people would be upset the work they spent so much time and money on was just copied, but that's the reality of how most engineering is done. Porsche doesn't go out and design their own AWD system, brakes, springs, shifters, and a heck of a lot of the parts that make our cars so great.

Like I said I can understand why people don't appreciate their R&D time and money being taken advantage of, but Vivid is one of hundreds of Porsche car tuners / parts manufacturers who does this. Pretty much every aero package manufacturer does this including several who are very very popular on this site. All of the short shift kits are built this way.

The pictures Dan posted are from the prototype that was put in my car which has worked flawlessly for thousands of miles. Regardless of whether it was copied from somebody else, I can say the prototype works perfectly (knock on wood). I have no affiliation with Vivid and the work they did on my car in March/April was the only time I've ever done any business with them.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
Do other kits require the transmission to be removed in order for the bracket to be installed? Hopefully, the GT2 slave conversion itself requires the removal of the transmission and not just because of the slave mount bracket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power GT2 Clutch Slave Conversion Kit Released