996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DVs on a (pretty much) stock car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:11 AM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
DVs on a (pretty much) stock car?

So my TT only has a GIAC 1.2bar flash for performance mods. I've been reading more into DVs and have read that our stock DVs are kind of crappy because of the rubber diaphragm that tend to fail over time.

Anyways, do you guys recommend running DVs that are 100% to atmo. or 50/50? AWE tuning is local and they offer the Bailey DV30 valves, what type are they? How do they sound?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JayAndreTT
So my TT only has a GIAC 1.2bar flash for performance mods. I've been reading more into DVs and have read that our stock DVs are kind of crappy because of the rubber diaphragm that tend to fail over time.

Anyways, do you guys recommend running DVs that are 100% to atmo. or 50/50? AWE tuning is local and they offer the Bailey DV30 valves, what type are they? How do they sound?
Hi Jay,
DV stands for Diverter Valve, its not supposed to vent to atmo because all the air that goes to the engine is precisely measured. It diverts the blow off air back into the inlet piping hence no air is lost. If you vent it to atmo your DME will have the incorrect air flow and hence running problems.
Only "Blow Through" maf cars can "dump" to atmo.
There are some great products on the market for our 6tt's. PM Markski on here , IIRC he has some good choices for sale.
Frank

Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Hi Jay,
DV stands for Diverter Valve, its not supposed to vent to atmo because all the air that goes to the engine is precisely measured. It diverts the blow off air back into the inlet piping hence no air is lost. If you vent it to atmo your DME will have the incorrect air flow and hence running problems.
Only "Blow Through" maf cars can "dump" to atmo.
There are some great products on the market for our 6tt's. PM Markski on here , IIRC he has some good choices for sale.
Frank
Thanks for the info! So would running a DV that does 50-50 cause problems? I like the noise the valves make that's why I ask

Old 09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Thanks for the info! So would running a DV that does 50-50 cause problems? I like the noise the valves make that's why I ask

I think 50/50 would cause problems! Why chance it?

Old 09-01-2012, 06:19 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I used to think I wanted the little "whoosh" sound too. But, the more I drive it the more I'm glad it's stealthier than your standard ricer, boosted car. I really have learned to love the little whine the turbos make as they spool and as I'm thrown back in my seat

That said, my OEM valves were giving me the honking sound of failure so I swapped them out for aluminum Agency Power DV's from Vivid Racing. They've been flawless thus far

Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
Yeah, I used to think I wanted the little "whoosh" sound too. But, the more I drive it the more I'm glad it's stealthier than your standard ricer, boosted car. I really have learned to love the little whine the turbos make as they spool and as I'm thrown back in my seat

That said, my OEM valves were giving me the honking sound of failure so I swapped them out for aluminum Agency Power DV's from Vivid Racing. They've been flawless thus far
Yeah but I still that envy sound, idk why I'm so turned on by it!

Old 09-01-2012, 07:26 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Yeah but I still that envy sound, idk why I'm so turned on by it!
everyone has their own things

Old 09-01-2012, 07:56 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
everyone has their own things
they do, but if you guys find geese following you, all bets are off i have heard the honk. i now have the evoms dv's and they've been flawless too.