996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

911 epl k16g vs zr-1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:35 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I have not kept up with the times. What are he supporting mods for 570-600 whp?
IMO here...good tune, exhaust, inlet pipes, injectors, clutch. Intercoolers if you want to maintain said power. I generally run a mix of 100 oct w/91 and watch knock activity to be safe(r).

Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Yes, this is Billets 16g and I guess Switzer's P700 kit is not making 602 RWHP on a dynojet .

http://switzerperformanceinnovation.com/web_en/?p=541

Apples to apples my car weighs the same as the ZR1(his wife could not of weighted more then 110lbs) and on a dynojet a stock ZR1 makes 530-550RWHP. Again all this means nothing because I have ran trap proven cars ie 128 for the Mustang and pulled it and a regular shifted and driving like you want to keep the car for more then a year ZR1 pull about the same on a drag strip (not mph measured at the 1/4 like most magazines do).

One of the only reasons I purchased this 911 instead of a Z06 is because of this package. Because to get the 911 to the power levels I wanted other then this kit is huge money for not much more Hp and not much Hp for the money period (coming from the Supra world). When I saw that this stock based turbo kit just rewheeled is putting down more power the many of these upgraded turbos (many times the K16g would be at a little higher boost, but still running pump) for a fraction of the cost it all made sense. All this reminds me of many years ago in the Supra world when my stock based turbo, rewheeled with a GT40 wheel and clipped was taking down upgraded turbo supras on 94 pump. Or when the S4 community said you couldn't run a boost controller etc. Or a stock based turbo can't trap over 115(again talking about the Supra 7MGTE world) but I took down a 11.3 @ 122 just from the drag strip from a dig.

At the end of the day more is not always faster and if you are going to spend the money it better make a heck of ALOT more power!! For a $4500 (++for supporting mods like exhaust, DV, clutch etc) EPLK16G Billet Package, I am very happy with it and also that it turned out just the way I planned for the build to go.

I am not here to prove anything of who I am, but just to share to the community as it did for me, that this is my experiences with this awesome platform with these mods.

Cheers!

Bobby Ali

ba

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 09-04-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Misspelling etc
Old 09-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
The sound pulses of my sweet, but aggressive 3” X Speedtech exhaust, reflecting off his menacing front end, must of got his attention!
Love your description, Bobby :-) and congrats on the recent wins! Good work.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 09-04-2012, 01:16 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I felt like I was watching an old rerun of Mutual of Omaha wild kingdom for a minute.

Nicely done.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:15 AM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
I felt like I was watching an old rerun of Mutual of Omaha wild kingdom for a minute.

Nicely done.
Exactly what I was thinking! Lol! That was some Animal Planet **** for sure!

Old 09-04-2012, 07:40 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Yes, this is Billets 16g and I guess Switzer's P700 kit is not making 602 RWHP on a dynojet .

http://switzerperformanceinnovation.com/web_en/?p=541

Apples to apples my car weighs the same as the ZR1(his wife could not of weighted more then 110lbs) and on a dynojet a stock ZR1 makes 530-550RWHP. Again all this means nothing because I have ran trap proven cars ie 128 for the Mustang and pulled it and a regular shifted and driving like you want to keep the car for more then a year ZR1 pull about the same on a drag strip (not mph measured at the 1/4 like most magazines do).

One of the only reasons I purchased this 911 instead of a Z06 is because of this package. Because to get the 911 to the power levels I wanted other then this kit is huge money for not much more Hp and not much up for the money period (coming from the Supra world). When I saw that this stock based turbo kit just rewheeled is putting down more power the many of these upgraded turbos (many times the K16g would be at a little higher boost, but still running pump) for a fraction of the cost it all made sense. All this reminds me of many years ago in the Supra world when my stock based turbo, rewheeled with a GT40 wheel and clipped was taking down upgraded turbo supras on 94 pump. Or when the S4 community said you couldn't run a boost controller etc. Or a stock based turbo can't trap over 115(again talking about the Supra 7MGTE world) but I took down a 11.3 @ 122 just from the drag strip from a dig.

At the end of the day more is not always faster and if you are going to spend the money it better make a heck of ALOT more power!! For a $4500 (++for supporting mods like exhaust, DV, clutch etc) EPLK16G Billet Package, I am very happy with it and also that it turned out just the way I planned for the build to go.

I am not here to prove anything of who I am, but just to share to the community as it did for me, that this is my experiences with this awesome platform with these mods.

Cheers!

Bobby Ali

ba

Please get that thing on a dyno. I'm very interested in hearing what it makes. Even more interested in the torque, I don't want overabundance of torque.

I really had no idea 16g's had come so far! 570 whp on pump with exhaust, tune, DV's is outstanding.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
BUTZI996TT is a jewel in the roughBUTZI996TT is a jewel in the roughBUTZI996TT is a jewel in the rough
Bobby, where are you located? I have a billet k16 996tt here in CT. I wouldn't mind doing a few pulls =)