996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

911 epl k16g vs zr-1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
911 epl k16g vs zr-1

After running and walking hard a C6ZO6, I really had a desire to run one of the King Kong’s on the streets … His big brother ZR1. Who thought that opportunity would present it’s self a week later!

Heading out for a late night cruise my prey radar was scanning the roads in all directions for potential prey. As I was calmly driving eastbound I was startled with a full alert going the opposite direction of what might be a predator entering into my territory. I saw a blue Corvette and I was in disbelief. I have seen this predator in my territory before, when I was in my daily driver and couldn’t wait for the opportunity to be in my 911! I immediately tried to do a U turn and to my horror there was a divider that seemed to stretch FOREVER!!!

By the time I was able to do the U turn he was no where in sight! So Porsche decided to take it’s chances and follow the Corvette’s scent. Low and behold after some higher then normal speeds, I saw 2 round lights sticking out from behind another car! My eye’s quickly locked in and noticed 3 unmistakable marks on this beast that identified it as the head of another pride… ZR1!

I quickly made my presences known and drove beside it. As the light turned green, there were many cars in front of us and we made our way to the front of the pack. We came upon another light, Him being on the far left lane, me being on the far right lane. As we drove off I was so focused on this beast that I was alerted by an irritating mouse like sound … it was gutted out Civic that was trying to race me and I didn’t even know. 2 Titan’s ready to throw down and a little domestic cat trying to mess up this battle of theTitan’s. I quickly hit my breaks and matched the mighty ZR1 speed as he slowed down a little as well to let the little cat lose. I paced him for a minute and no bite came out of it, so I punched it in 3rd to let him know I’m a runner and I’m not stock. The sound pulses of my sweet, but aggressive 3”X Speedtech exhaust, reflecting off his menacing front end, must of got his attention!

The next light we were there side by side with no car in the middle lane as the light turned green. The ZR1 in 2nd gear (as I held my car in 2nd gear ) quickly flexed his muscle as I did the same with me giving him the hit. I saw him getting a little squerly as I pulled his front end to my rear wheels. With in a second he was shooting straight and I was waiting for him to slowly real me in, but I pulled a further 1/3 car. As I shifted into 3rd and the ZR1 is clearly charging at full steam, I continued to put another car between us! He came up beside me as I gave him the thumbs up as he told me how his wife was terrified and complimented me on my car and I did the same.

As we took off from this light he held 2nd gear very noticeably and I was more then ready for him! As we hit it being that I was ready this time, (his tires must have been warmer because there was no noticeable loss of traction like before), I pulled immediately and had him at my rear bumper and continued to pull in 3rd gear a 1.5 car lead without signs of stopping!!! At the rate I was putting distance I would have had at least 2.5-4 cars by the top of forth!

I’m very happy with the performance of my Porsche and that it is a very street able machine…not to mention that it can go up against and hold it’s own to a world class machine that I respect greatly!

Hopefully he knows who’s territory this is now and that he would go back to his… but deep down I am crossing fingers that he doesn’t come back with further muscle a.k.a. pulley & tune.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
good one. ZR1's are great machines and like the ZO6, incredible bang for the buck. Anything that will stay with or beat a ZR1 is respectable.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Good thing no one got hurt.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:27 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Thanks for a great story. I felt like I was in the wild looking out for a Tiger attack.
Well done.Name:  clapping.gif
Views: 607
Size:  2.5 KB

Old 09-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Speedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant future
Wow, a RWD. 638/604 at crank that weighs 3400lbs get smoked by a like weight, AWD modified Porsche. The vette driver needs some lessons. Nice kill.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
good one. ZR1's are great machines and like the ZO6, incredible bang for the buck. Anything that will stay with or beat a ZR1 is respectable.
Tell me about it!!

When i was looking for a machine, it was between a z06 or 996 911 Porsche Turbo. I was within a hair of picking up a full load 08 Z06 3LZ with only 20 000km (12 000 miles). I felt like a big battle between the two and actually regretted my decision for a couple of weeks AFTER I picked up my machine. I respect the Z06 let alone the ZR1! There is nothing on the market that has the power, moddibilty, handling, breaking, looks, somewhat exoticness, newness (08 full load Z06 vs my 02 w/78k (45miles) and over all sports car value of a pre-owned Z06! The ZR1's are still up there in price, but for the overall package you get, I feel there is not a better car for the money!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 09-03-2012, 03:07 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Thanks for a great story. I felt like I was in the wild looking out for a Tiger attack.
Well done.Attachment 186637
Haha, +1, very colorful commentary.

LOL at the civic mouse too.

I don't know though, a 16g Turbo walking a ZR-1 seem a little far fetched to anyone but me?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
you probably have 600 at the crank... probably in line with the vette.... the rest is driver error in my opinion... but putting a car and a half is not walking anyone... its close...
good job

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Haha, +1, very colorful commentary.

LOL at the civic mouse too.

I don't know though, a 16g Turbo walking a ZR-1 seem a little far fetched to anyone but me?
I can understand your questioning, being the ZR1 is such a powerhouse. My car is making some serious power with the EPL tune data logged back and forth over five times of custom tuning (with a final coming on Tuesday with more power!),on 94 running 19-20psi, running the one of the best flowing exhaust on the market, less 80lbs weight, LWFW etc. This is not a generic straight K16G kit. I should be running another Porsche hopefully this week coming with K16G and show you the difference. This other Porcshe I should be running pulled 11.7 @ 126, so you should see the difference. I will do my best to get it on video, for you.

Maybe you never read my other thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...by-550rwp.html
Ran a 610+RWHP 11 Mustang on drag radials that pulled 11.0 @ 128 and I pulled! My machine is making no less then 570+ on a dynojet, but that mean nothing....it all depends how it moves in real life and it has had very impressive results! When I ran the Shelby with over 550RWHP I pulled that hard! And the ZR1 make about that if not 10-20less and weights 500lbs less. On a side note this is not the 1st time this car has gone up against some fast cars that make better power weight ratio and as fast times as the ZR1.

All in all I am having a blast with the car and look at hopefully look at pushing this EPL package to new limits.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 09-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Speedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant futureSpeedtrapped has a brilliant future
Bobby if u want to quiet the skeptics, get a vbox, and do a 60-120 pull. 570 awp on a dynojet is pretty impressive. AWD ? That stunning, when I had my stage 3 DBR RS6, I pulled 520 HP , 580 torque at wheels. I never understood AWD loss on our P cars, on the rs6 it was always understood 25%, AWD slush box. If its 18% then u are making very good numbers indeed, and I need to dump my pRotomotive set up for Tonys custom EPL for my set up.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:03 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
^^^I think he means 60-130 time.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Yep, 60-130, spaz typer

Old 09-03-2012, 04:56 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I can understand your questioning, being the ZR1 is such a powerhouse. My car is making some serious power with the EPL tune data logged back and forth over five times of custom tuning (with a final coming on Tuesday with more power!),on 94 running 19-20psi, running the one of the best flowing exhaust on the market, less 80lbs weight, LWFW etc. This is not a generic straight K16G kit. I should be running another Porsche hopefully this week coming with K16G and show you the difference. This other Porcshe I should be running pulled 11.7 @ 126, so you should see the difference. I will do my best to get it on video, for you.

Maybe you never read my other thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...by-550rwp.html
Ran a 610+RWHP 11 Mustang on drag radials that pulled 11.0 @ 128 and I pulled! My machine is making no less then 570+ on a dynojet, but that mean nothing....it all depends how it moves in real life and it has had very impressive results! When I ran the Shelby with over 550RWHP I pulled that hard! And the ZR1 make about that if not 10-20less and weights 500lbs less. On a side note this is not the 1st time this car has gone up against some fast cars that make better power weight ratio and as fast times as the ZR1.

All in all I am having a blast with the car and look at hopefully look at pushing this EPL package to new limits.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Had already seen that other thread. I just don't take Mustangs seriously unless they have 100 whp more, they are aero bricks, have terrible shifters. And my car has run even with a 675 whp Mach1 and it makes about 515 whp.

I'd be interested in seeing that dyno. I had no idea K16G's were pulling near 600 whp. At 570-580 whp I can buy that. Is this billet 16g's?

I'd like more info on this epl package.

At 600 crank HP, possible with poor driving in the Vette.

Last edited by heavychevy; 09-03-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:14 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Not too far fetched, my 16g car with supporting mods has run 7.0 60-130 at 1.3 bar w/ 2000' DA. With MIR in the fall type weather and a more aggressive 3-4 shift, I would expect it to be well into the 6s. Lots of flavors of the 16g as well -Evo 3 16g wheels can move some air and beat up on some of the billet wheels, though most of the kits use the "small" wheel.

BHT ran 133+mph on 16g's at 1.5bar so yes, over 600 is possible on good gas with proper supporting mods.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I have not kept up with the times. What are he supporting mods for 570-600 whp?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 911 epl k16g vs zr-1