996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anyone running europipe with 700+rwhp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 AM
x50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to behold
smog

I have the same opinion, my car just sailed through the smog.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mrmaass
I've got the new EBWerks muffled catless 3" and it sounds GREAT! The mufflers are two small resonators (not baffles) placed after the X pipe just before the tips. There is no path in the flow less than 3". These are really well made exhausts, the price is right, and their service is unbeatable.
I'm not making near the power you are but that isn't because of the exhaust; mine just isn't modded beyond a flash.
Others who use this exhaust on the board are pushing over 700HP though with Alphas, etc...
Thats great that you are happy with it...I really like that whole design of their system..
What turbos are you running? K16 or K24..

Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 PM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
OT....but

Originally Posted by SSMugen
Sorry I didn't meant to say Europipe is restrictive. I meant to say the specific 2.5" system I have is restrictive compared to the various 3" systems out there. A europipe 3" system would be less restrictive than mine. I have had my europipe for almost 7years now and still haven't given it up b/c of the sound it makes. I also easily pass smog STILL and have 60k miles on the system.
SSMugen I just had to comment I love the look of your car...that is what I was going for with mine also! Nice color and wheel combo

Old 09-15-2012, 05:02 PM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Thats great that you are happy with it...I really like that whole design of their system..
What turbos are you running? K16 or K24..
Thanks John, If you recall I was unhappy with it at first due to drone and EBWerks came through with resonators and now it is PERFECT. I have K16s and EPL...stock otherwise. For a 3" system turbo to tip, I don't think there is a system with no drone but this one comes pretty close With their new slash-cut tips it looks great too!

Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Just because you keep telling the same story does not make it true. I have stated these facts before, but you seem to want keep believing your story without any facts to back it up. Please just post the 800whp dyno & I will apologize for any mis information.

I give your Trolling a 2.7: Please try harder.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SSMugen
Sorry I didn't meant to say Europipe is restrictive. I meant to say the specific 2.5" system I have is restrictive compared to the various 3" systems out there. A europipe 3" system would be less restrictive than mine.
Then my interpretation was wrong, I'm sorry.

Your EP2 is 2.75" (70mm) not 2.5" (63.5mm). The stock exhaust has 0.36 Bar backpressure and the EP2 has 0.15 Bar.

I've build the same EP2 with 100 cell cats in full 3" and the backpressure was down to 0.13 Bar. Not a breathtaking difference.
One of the downsides of that 3" version was the straight tips as I couldn't modify the inner hole of the stock oval or dual tips to 3".

The typical layout of a 996 Turbo exhaust remains restrictive compared to the simple straight pipes set-up whether it be the stock 2.375" exhaust or the bigger 2.5" - 2.75" or 3" systems.
There is always a 90° turn after the cat, a U-turn in the centre and another nearly 90° turn ahead of the tips. Those direction changes are the main reason for the backpressure.

Imagine Usian Bolt running the 100 meters and making a 90° turn, a short U-turn halfway and another 90° turn near the finish line, I'm sure his times would be worse.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:01 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
Then my interpretation was wrong, I'm sorry.

Your EP2 is 2.75" (70mm) not 2.5" (63.5mm). The stock exhaust has 0.36 Bar backpressure and the EP2 has 0.15 Bar.

I've build the same EP2 with 100 cell cats in full 3" and the backpressure was down to 0.13 Bar. Not a breathtaking difference.
One of the downsides of that 3" version was the straight tips as I couldn't modify the inner hole of the stock oval or dual tips to 3".

The typical layout of a 996 Turbo exhaust remains restrictive compared to the simple straight pipes set-up whether it be the stock 2.375" exhaust or the bigger 2.5" - 2.75" or 3" systems.
There is always a 90° turn after the cat, a U-turn in the centre and another nearly 90° turn ahead of the tips. Those direction changes are the main reason for the backpressure.

Imagine Usian Bolt running the 100 meters and making a 90° turn, a short U-turn halfway and another 90° turn near the finish line, I'm sure his times would be worse.
Thanks for the response Stef! Good info to know always thought it was 2.5"

Old 04-12-2016, 10:35 AM
wrxman60 is infamous around these parts
So it seems like 70mm is the way to go!