996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

H&R Springs- before and after (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 PM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
H&R Springs- before and after (pics)

Hey guys, these go out to anyone considering these springs. They are definitely the cheapest alternative for those looking to lower the car and a stiffer ride. I'd say the car feels about 20% more rigid, you can really feel the springs working on the turns too. That floaty feeling is pretty much gone. They are forgiving on uneven pavement too, I have some cruddy streets around here and my back is still good! Here are the pics!

Before

Name:  photo-32.jpg
Views: 3308
Size:  201.2 KB

Name:  photo-33.jpg
Views: 2021
Size:  235.2 KB

After

Name:  photo-34.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  231.0 KB

Name:  photo-35.jpg
Views: 1919
Size:  226.5 KB

Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Jay

Looks great! I also had my h&rs installed this past Friday. Loving the dropped look

Edwin

Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 PM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Jay

Looks great! I also had my h&rs installed this past Friday. Loving the dropped look

Edwin
Thanks! You definitely would have to agree that the springs are well worth the $300

Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Llokin good. Needed it.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Fallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud ofFallbangskid has much to be proud of
I installed a set of H&R springs that sat right about where your's seems to be. Bummer was they "creaked" and "clunked" when turning lock to lock. My very reputable installer/alignment guru said it was the springs....

Love to know if you guys had/have similar issues.

Thanks,

FBS

Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Fallbangskid
I installed a set of H&R springs that sat right about where your's seems to be. Bummer was they "creaked" and "clunked" when turning lock to lock. My very reputable installer/alignment guru said it was the springs....

Thanks,

FBS
I actually noticed that slightly too, it doesn't really bother me though. It's like a single light knock when I turn past a certain point. I don't even really feel it, I hear it.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:32 AM
scottrx7tt has a spectacular aura aboutscottrx7tt has a spectacular aura about
ive had H&Rs on my car for a little over a year now, and i have had no clunks, or creaks.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 AM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
I also have the H&R's, put on by the previous owner. I don't get any creaks or knocks, but I'm not a fan. My rear camber is unable to be adjusted to specs, -2.0 is as good as it gets. That is causing some premature rear tire wear, and as expensive as they are, I'd like to get more than 5k out of them.

I really wish the previous had done it right with some adjustable coilovers, or had done adjustable control arms to fix the alignment issue.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Lookin' good now. Well worth installing the H&R's.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Are you back in a turbo ??

thought you sold ?

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Jay

Edwin

Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Fallbangskid

Thanks,

FBS
I had the same clunking issue on a previous car I had. It's usually caused by the upper coils since they use progressive rate springs. The softer springs clack together when you go over bumps. I cut some clear vinyl tubing and put it over the coils that come into contact, which helped eliminate most of the clunking noise.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spf4000
I had the same clunking issue on a previous car I had. It's usually caused by the upper coils since they use progressive rate springs. The softer springs clack together when you go over bumps. I cut some clear vinyl tubing and put it over the coils that come into contact, which helped eliminate most of the clunking noise.
sure wish i had your schematic for that. any way to tell what size tubing you used, and how did you put it on over the spring itself? was it like fuel line? did you cover the rubber that is already covering the h&r springs sounds like you possibly have a fix for an elusive issue i am also plagued with. it makes sense that the spring in front is going to "bind" at hard lock. they're just wound tighter at hard lock turn. i think? either way, it's a sh*t problem to have, since it's an oddity/nuisance and doesn't affect performance, per se.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Is the stock suspension set up properly for lowering springs? Typically when you just use lowering springs, the ride won't be right and you'll wear out the suspension prematurely. Is the 996 different?

I'm still on stock suspension and the ride is stiffer than my BMW lowered on coilovers?! I was really surprised by that.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by FI_FTW
Is the stock suspension set up properly for lowering springs? Typically when you just use lowering springs, the ride won't be right and you'll wear out the suspension prematurely. Is the 996 different?

I'm still on stock suspension and the ride is stiffer than my BMW lowered on coilovers?! I was really surprised by that.
Never really heard of that problem with the 996s. I know a lot of people on here who just went with springs and kept stock shocks. They have no complaints.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Kapoosh1 has a spectacular aura aboutKapoosh1 has a spectacular aura aboutKapoosh1 has a spectacular aura about
I've had H&R springs installed for 6-8 months now and have no clunking/creaking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: H&R Springs- before and after (pics)