996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Window tint: how dark and where in OC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Window tint: how dark and where in OC?

Curious to hear how dark you guys tinted your windows (if any), especially the folks in sunny Socal. I'm also looking for a place in OC that can do a quality job.

I don't have any tint at all right now and black leather just gets ridiculously hot!

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM
16v2911TT has a spectacular aura about16v2911TT has a spectacular aura about
25% all around except the windshield from the guys at XlntTint in Anaheim. Pretty good prices and warranty for the length of ownership.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 PM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
30%, just make sure you go with a high quality ceramic tint. I'm a big fan of Formula 1 Pinnacle series.

Extreme Tint in Cerritos was recommended to me on the other forum- but I ended up going to a place in Saugus- which is probably too far for you.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:30 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Formula 1 Comfort series limo on rear 3, and Classic series dark on front 2, from The Tint Pros in HB. But I don't see them much as they are all usually retracted with the top down!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! Any warranty on the tint from the HB guys? Happy with the work?

Any ballpark cost if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Got mine done over 4 years ago with no issues (garaged of course), but I don't remember whether or not there was any warranty. I believe i paid around $300.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Im not in oc, ca but here in TX and the legal max is 20% up front. I am running limo all the way around on my 996 and 15% front on the other 3 cars/trucks with limo in the rear. This TX sun will literaly give you a tan just on your left arm if you dont have tint. I actualy got pulled over today and did not get any crap for the dark tint but got a ticket for 46 in a 35.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I can't remember the rules in CA but I actually don't think you can tint front windows at all. That said, a lot of people do it anyway; our friendly people of the law don't seem to realize how freakin' hot it will get without a tint!!

Originally Posted by BiteEmNBeatEm
Im not in oc, ca but here in TX and the legal max is 20% up front. I am running limo all the way around on my 996 and 15% front on the other 3 cars/trucks with limo in the rear. This TX sun will literaly give you a tan just on your left arm if you dont have tint. I actualy got pulled over today and did not get any crap for the dark tint but got a ticket for 46 in a 35.