996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

P1255 code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
P1255 code

Hooked up the Durametric today and ran codes and found a p1255 code. Haven't seen this code before. I haven't done any work to my car lately other than an oil change a couple months ago and exhaust install back in March. I've noticed some things lately which is why I decided to check for codes. In high gear (4th and up) car hasn't been holding boost consistently. Sometimes I will hit the throttle and the boost will only hold around 0.6bar and other times its just fine and hits 1.0-1.1 bar. Sometimes right after the car only pulls 0.6 bar, I let off the throttle and get right back on it and it will pull 1.0-1.1 bar like nothings wrong, weird. Its not consistent. Car always hits 1.0-1.1 in lower gears. I also saw a readout of 1.4bar on the boost gauge at one point for a moment in second gear (not sustained just a spike) so I doubt that it is relevant but just thought I'd mention it since I haven't noticed that high boost before. My performance mods are basic, EVOMSit K16 tune and Europipe exhaust. Anybody know what all causes this code? boost leak, diverter valves, other things? I was going to do some data logging tomorrow or Sunday when I have some time. Any ideas on what would be good to log to help better diagnose this code? Thanks for any help you can give

Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
P1255 is a code due to "boost upper value exceeded". One of the possibility is the N75 valve or one of the sense line going to it is leaking. I would look at the sense lines condition and also the suction lines going to the waste gates. Here's two links related to overboost problem ....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rging-fix.html

http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic...t=814410&mid=0

Last edited by jpflip; 10-06-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Thanks for the links JP. After looking at the N75 DIY thread it does sound like he did have some similar symptoms. I'll definitely take a look at the N75 valve and check the wastegate lines.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:33 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Happy if I can help you! This valve is really cheap only $22.00 at Sonnen part# 99660515500....

Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
N75 valve is ordered. Hopefully that resolves the issue. I'll post back once I replace it with hopefully good news. Although I probably won't get a chance to do the work for a couple weeks. Got a Vegas trip planned this weekend!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 AM
JP, thanks a lot for your help. Very much appreciated because I am pretty sure you were right. The N75 was in fact the problem. I did a detailed response on the issue over here if you want to read. Thanks again. Rep points awarded!

N75 DIY Thread - Overboost or surging fix

Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 AM
This is nice to see somebody who was able to fix his own car! I am really happy for you and "Yes" you deserve a rep point for your effort. Congratulations!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks! I do love working on my car even if it is frustrating at times getting everything sorted out. In the end though it's satisfying to know you did it yourself. I try and do whatever work I can myself that is within my range of abilities on all my cars.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
quick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jpflip
Happy if I can help you! This valve is really cheap only $22.00 at Sonnen part# 99660515500....
I'm sorry but, while the part may $22.11, the shipping is $13! Via UPS Ground fer gossake! For that tiny thing? Ridiculous! How about $5.35 via USPS Priority Mail and it's there in 2 days instead of 5, for 1/3 the cost? I'm all for vendors, but when they dangle "low" prices then gouge on shipping, I'll take my bidness elsewhere.

Cheers
Mikey

Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
before ordering N75s valves you could have logged it... theres a way to log the duty cycle...
with that said, I bet its not going bad but rather lines to or from it... thus by replacing it your actually sealing up the leak... if not the same problem will persist..

how about a friendly boost leak test lol

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL