996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT Exhaust options (my questions)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 08:44 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
996TT Exhaust options (my questions)

I have read the very informative posts regarding exhaust options.

I downloaded the videos and sound files.

I still do not know which to get

I need help. Let me tell you guys what I am looking to get...

1. great sound (d'uh)
2. Absolutely NO RESONANCE!! My 1999 996 had fabspeed mufflers and it sounded great but the noise in the cockpit with the windows closed while cruising was unbearable! They advertise that there is no resonance but that claim is WAY WAY off base.
3. performance gain would be nice too.

Also, local LI guys (you know who you are ) which systems do you have? Perhaps I should take a ride in your cars!

Judging by my past experience, I might avoid the fabspeed (unless the TT version has no resonance).

I am so lost here. They all sound great in the video clips but how are they inside the car? I don't want headaches!!!

Last edited by Periokid; 10-27-2003 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:53 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
The TT version (Loud/Super Sport) is really loud while cruising in the cabin so judging from your criteria avoid it like the plague!!
I think the fabspeed quiet might be better but need to hear it in person...

Old 10-26-2003, 08:56 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Yeah, I have certainly written off the Fab loud.

BTW, what is this turbo exhaust.com thing? I can't find much on it.

Old 10-26-2003, 08:59 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Periokid
Yeah, I have certainly written off the Fab loud.

BTW, what is this turbo exhaust.com thing? I can't find much on it.
we have a turbo-exhaust.com exhaust on the GT2. I would guess it is the loundest exhaust out there other than a straight pipe. It is definitely NOT what you want.

-Steve

Old 10-26-2003, 09:13 AM
thanks Steve! That writes off that system for me.

Old 10-26-2003, 09:50 AM
996TTR is infamous around these parts996TTR is infamous around these parts
I am having a muffler built which may be of interest to some people.

It is a stock muffler with 100 cell cats and some minor internal changes. The real neat thing about it is that it will have a electric switch which will activate a set of straight pipes for maximum performance and sound. I hope to have it tested in the next week or two. I have tried three different performance exhausts including a Ruf and all were a little loud for day to day driving. I also got tired of my neighbors telling me that they think my muffler is broken. Stay tuned.

Old 10-26-2003, 09:54 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
One word. EUROPIPE

Nuf said. Simply the best in terms of build quality, sound, performance. Of course these are my opinions. You are welcome to come and hear it. We don't live too far from each other.

Old 10-26-2003, 10:01 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Periokid,

You would be very happy with the Europipe Stage II. Either the quiet or loud. Both have the same performance. No resonance in the cabin. Go to their website and listen to the difference. There is also alot of information provided. I addition, the owners Stef and Herman are great people to do business with. They take care of their customers and stand behind their product.

You can find them at www.europipe.be

Old 10-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
Ditto to what CJV said. He turned me onto the EuroPipe last year.
EuroPipe Stage II Loud, you will not regret it.

Old 10-26-2003, 12:03 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
why Porsche doesn't make one...

any luck waiting for them?

Old 10-26-2003, 06:00 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed "Moderate Version" here and it is just right, not overkill by any means but has a nice deep tone at certain RPMs, at 3000 and cruising it is low and not obtrusive.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Just checked out the Europipe site.

Seems like the Europipe will be my choice.

The cost is higher then I expected, however. It is amazing how much stuff costs for the TT.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:16 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
David,
You will not be disappointed. I would advise you to go with the Stage 2 Loud version. Even though it says "loud", it does not resonate and does not get on your nerves within the cabin.

Old 10-27-2003, 03:57 AM
Michael W. is infamous around these partsMichael W. is infamous around these parts
I don't want to put a wrench into the Europipe stuff... But, I talked to several people who had the Europipe loud when I was trying to decide betweeen loud and quiet, and there are some that compained about too much resonance from the loud version. This surprised me as I had heard the Europipes were all free from resonance.

Can anybody share their experience with the EP Loud that has had any issues?

Old 10-27-2003, 06:10 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Exhaust choices

Dave,
1st off, this is where it starts.... Just an exhaust...Suspension...wheels...D valves....Ecu...spoilers...paint...aluminum...mats ....
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
With regards to the exhaust, a good rule of thumb would be the louder it is, the more power there will be!
I have the Fabspeed quiet and love it Is there resonance? Yes! But the power is real and the sound is great!!!!
I was behind a 1996 993TT caravaning the other day. He had the Fabspeed loud version ( almost as old as the car) Sounded absolutely amazing!!!!! Neither one of us use these daily as that would be another story When going out to dinner with the wife, her one comment about the car was the exhaust resonance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT Exhaust options (my questions)