996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone ever get Fikse wheels refinished?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 12:57 PM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Anyone ever get Fikse wheels refinished?

Not sure how it happened, but one of the detailers who cleans my car apparently used the wrong product on my wheels and the finish is pretty much ruined on all 4. They are Fikse Profil 10s with their "race satin" finish.

I had a wheel repair place take a look at them but they are not confident then can fix it. They recommend that I either send them back to Fikse, or just go ahead and paint the centers. They said they can fix the lips no problem but not sure about the centers.

Does that sound right, or do I just need to find a better shop? Has anyone sent wheels back to Fikse to be re-finished, etc? I figure it will be months before I got them back if I go that route.

The car is black/black and I contemplated getting black centers from the beginning but at the time I decided it would just be too much black. I like the race satin finish, and am not sure which route to go ...

Old 06-24-2005, 04:14 PM
SteveL1 is infamous around these parts
I have a set of FM10's on my BMW 530 and have had to send a couple back for various repairs. They are very responsive and will do just about anything that you want. Best bet is to give them a call and talk it over. They may even have an option or two that you've not thought about. Customer service from them is 2nd to none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although it should be considering what they get for their wheels.

Oh yea, and it also helps that the owner is a Porsche guy too!

Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Wheel repair shop can repaint all 4 but not to exact match. If you want exact match of paint which you like, you should call Fikse to see if they can provide the paint that is original color to a shop or how long it'll take Fikse to refinish.

Is your detailer paying for the charges? Shipping the wheels will be a pain...

Old 06-24-2005, 07:10 PM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Yeah I'm going to call Fikse in the morning. I don't know exactly how it happened so I'm not going to point fingers and blame anyone ... **** happens, I just want to get them fixed. It sure will be a pain to get them fixed though. I gotta go get my stock wheels out of storage, swap the wheels, remove the tires, then ship the wheels off to Fikse to get fixed. Then reverse the whole process when I get them back. ugh.

Last edited by limitup; 06-24-2005 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:34 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Shew, I saw this thread and thought maybe the knucklehead that installed your turbos did something to the wheels.

Most of the time the clear is hazed. It would need to be stripped, but any "good" wheel guy could do it. We have a guy that does ours that also does repairs for the dealer. They have a mobile truck and do the repairs right here for us. Anything within reason is a tator for them.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:30 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Having a spare set makes it pretty easy actually. It's a little bit of work taking off the wheels and you can have a shop do that if you don't want to wrench. IMO, get estimates and compare the price. The shop should take care of you though...