996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Raced a McLaren F1 today!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 03:19 PM
MWEELS is infamous around these parts
Raced a McLaren F1 today!!

Okay, it's 8 AM on a beautiful Sunday morning. I am driving to the bagel shop to get my wife and I some bagels. The route is fairly wide open with a couple of stop lights. It's on the way to a mtn. that a lot of sports bikes and other cars usually go to. So sometimes I will get to see a motorcycle or two (at least that's the hope). There are not to many cars around this area that’s worth messing around with. Mind you I am in the TT with 500 HP at the wheels.

Well today that all changed.

I pass what looks like an Orange Mclaren F1. He was turning left onto the street I was already on. I say to myself could it be? So I slow down, and notice he turns left on the street I was on and turns his signal to turn right. So I go right praying to god he will really turn right, and he does.

So sure enough the light turns red and I am in heaven. He pulls up to me with three people in the car two on the sides and him in the middle.

So we are sitting at the light, nobody around, just me and the McClaren.

The light turns green. I drop the clutch at 4000 RPM and pull extremely hard on him. Meanwhile I hear and see him spinning the wheels. The time he hooks up there was no catching up! I then slow down for him and we hit another stop light. This time he didn't feel like racing, that's fine.

So I slow down and he blows by me then slows down again. From there on out it was just a matter of admiring the car, I tried to egg him on again, he just wouldn't bite.

I come home to see if I could find any info on the car. Sure enough I find the car. Below are pictures. I didn't have a chance to talk to him because he had to go through the security gates.

All in all it was great to play with such an amazing car. I wish he would have nailed his launch so I could have seen how good the TT would have done, or how good it wouldn't have done

Below are the exact pictures for the car; the az platers were the same. This was taken at Italiano Concorsco in 2002.

MWEELS

Old 10-26-2003, 05:22 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Wow!! best car i saw at a light was an F50!!

Old 10-26-2003, 05:52 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
The car is a work of art. Does anyone know who designed it? I know of a few auto/motorcycle designers. Massimo Tamburino designed the Ducati 916 and the MV Agusta F4 and Marcello Gandini (sp?) designed the Diablo. Anybody know the responsible party for the McClaren?

Old 10-26-2003, 06:14 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
KPV,

OK, I had to clarify my post. Peter Stevens styled the car. Some people credit the stylist as the designer. Gordon Murray designed everything under the body.

As far as I know, the owner of the orange F1 who also owns an Enzo is not named "JP".

Greg A

Last edited by teflon; 10-27-2003 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Very Cool!!

Here are my pics of the same F-1 from 2002

Old 10-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KPV
The car is a work of art. Does anyone know who designed it? I know of a few auto/motorcycle designers. Massimo Tamburino designed the Ducati 916 and the MV Agusta F4 and Marcello Gandini (sp?) designed the Diablo. Anybody know the responsible party for the McClaren?
Gordon Murray, he is designing the Mercedes SLR right now. As I am sure everyone knows, BMW built the motor.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:37 PM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
You said that the F1 had Az plates. If so the same guy that owns a Burnt orange F1 has recived delivery of an ENZO in PHX AZ. Two super cars. Must be nice maybe he will add a Carrera GT to the list.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
An enzo and a F1, what does this guy do for a living?
Very cool, I have only seen an F1 in london inside this little shop, it looked like the guy just wanted to show of his car.

Old 10-26-2003, 09:08 PM
haha..

I don't live on the coast. I live out in Coto. We didn't see the ashes until later in the afternoon. This morning was great with the Santa Anas blowing.

Don't get call me a liar because all you were doing today is taking pictures of your ashy car in the garage.

There is no such color called Burnt Orange produced by Mclaren. It's either Historic Orange #71 or Yquem #75 (last one made). They are not 1.3 Million dollars either. The market value is £550,000 - £750,000.

But apparantly you are good frinds with JP (if that's even his name) so you can just go ask him or even better take a ride with him 1 of the 5 times he takes it out. .

Don't you have a car to wash?

Cheers,

MWEELS

Last edited by MWEELS; 10-26-2003 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:57 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by msindi
Wow!! best car i saw at a light was an F50!!
That's pretty amazing as well. What did you think when you turned and saw an F50 sitting there??!!

Old 10-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
All I can say, is things like this actually do happen.

My friend Cody has a Enzo.. I rest my case

I'm sure theres people written on other boards saying "I SAW AN ENZO TODAY"

I'd love to see a F1 on the road, I've only seen them at the dealership in London (near the Dorchester Hotel if any of you go)

Old 10-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
When I went to Monte Carlo, I saw so many nice cars, that it was almost unbelievable. In one hour, I saw a F50, 2 Bentley Azures, 5 550s, and a ton of 360s and DB7s. I went on the 4th of July, so that might have accounted for a lot of the cars I saw.

Old 10-26-2003, 10:43 PM
Missed the point..

You missed the point chief. The point was they are $933,000 -$1,200,000.

It's just funny that you think I'm BS'ing only because someone besides you will actually take their car out and get it dirty.

People like you are sad, they start to shoot holes in peoples stories because it didn't happen to them or for whatever reason. Maybe a childhood thing, I dunno.

I spent a good time writing the story and finding the pictures and all you can say is I am lying. It's people like you that given people reason not to post stories like this. It also reduces the quality of this board.

Then you have the nerve to think you are all "cool" because I edited my post so I could correct the spelling and put some context on your price?

Go try to shoot holes in someone else, or take a look at yourself and all the bull **** you are made of.

No smilies here buddy. F-Off!

MWEELS

Last edited by MWEELS; 10-26-2003 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:45 PM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Saw an Enzo

Saw a black/red Enzo at a light here yesterday. I was turning left through an intersection, and he was sitting there waiting to turn left. Looked like one of those angular radar-evading fighter jets the US has (forget what they're named). Very aggressive looking.

Old 10-26-2003, 10:55 PM
If anyone is interested in a good read about the McLaren below is a link. I have not read it yet, but have heard good things about it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raced a McLaren F1 today!!