996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Recommendations for Used Auto Loan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Not to wade into the finance vs. cash decision, though I happen to agree if the money is as cheap as it is right now (1.49% is less than inflation!), you should take advantage of it...

I am in the process of using PenFed right now and can say the process is pretty simple. I joined, applied for a loan, and was conditionally approved (pending documents and buyer's order from dealer) in a matter of an hour.

I am still conditionally pending as it takes some time each time you fax or email them documentation for them to acknowledge receipt and to file the paperwork. I am hoping to have my check in had early next week. Fingers crossed.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
Not to wade into the finance vs. cash decision, though I happen to agree if the money is as cheap as it is right now (1.49% is less than inflation!), you should take advantage of it...

I am in the process of using PenFed right now and can say the process is pretty simple. I joined, applied for a loan, and was conditionally approved (pending documents and buyer's order from dealer) in a matter of an hour.

I am still conditionally pending as it takes some time each time you fax or email them documentation for them to acknowledge receipt and to file the paperwork. I am hoping to have my check in had early next week. Fingers crossed.
I love Avus Blue E36 M3's. Do you have any pics?

Old 10-26-2012, 04:12 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FI_FTW
To each their own but if I can get a loan for 2% and invest my cash at 6%, that seems like a much wiser decision...
Thats true too...
I guess it all depends if they would like to have a clear free title and no debt over there head OR can and will make extra money in that situation..
I have been on both sides in similar situations..

Old 10-26-2012, 04:38 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get me wrong, I typically just like to pay for everything as well but with the cost of money being so low these days, I actually decided to put less down on my TT than I could have.

IF for some reason, I would need the money, I'd much rather put it in a more liquid asset than a 10y sports car that may be kind of a tough sale in this economy.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:34 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sinKing
I love Avus Blue E36 M3's. Do you have any pics?

More Pics Here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1892341

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-28-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: active link to another forum
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Thanks everyone! Looks like Pen Fed it its! Can't beat those rates.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:44 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turbo Fanatic
Any good recommendations for an online Used Auto Loan Place? Looking for a good fixed rate 3-5 years.
Shore auto lease. Ask for Ronnie. Ronnie has been in the business for
30 years and he does classic, sport and luxury cars.
He will even finance modding your car!!! He didn't finance mine, but it's
cool to know such a service is available. I know him personally and he's
a stand up guy with a myriad of financial options.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:28 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Just emailed penfed all my info, I'll let you guys know if I get my loan transferred over.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
Just emailed penfed all my info, I'll let you guys know if I get my loan transferred over.
Make sure you continue to login and check the status in your online account.

I guess PenFed might eventually inform you via email or phone call if they need extra info or an updated form, but had I not been checking to see the notes the loan officer placed in my account, I might still be in the dark.

My entire process took 7 business days from application to the funds being "transferred" aka mailed to me. I could have cut out an easy 3 of those days by having the correct buyer's order from the dealer to begin with and another 1 day by faxing the forms instead of emailing them (as the rep on the phone told me they are quicker to route faxes than emails).

Best of luck!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:57 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
OK, I got this done. I was at 5.too much percent interest and am now down to 1.49%. They are sending the check now and I will be set. Saves me over 100 a month, and it's so cheap that I went ahead and financed the full 60 months. Thanks to you guys!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:05 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
I also vote for Penfed. I paid a large portion of my car and my wife's Lexus up front and got 1.49% for both cars. I could pay both cars off but I don't see the point at that rate. Penfed is great to work with.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Xtremsiege2 is infamous around these parts
For the new Penfed members, it's the easier non-face to face approval and process you can get. It's a great organization that really takes care of their members and cares. I've had a few loans with them, the last one I applied for had me approved in about 10 seconds after giving them the Vin for 100% of the car. Keep your credit right, and you'll always be right for future loans.

Originally Posted by sinKing
Another vote for PenFed. I just bought my 996tt at 1.49%.
Sweet I'm not the only one thinking this haha. I have my m3 with them, although I paid cash originally. My philosophy is to pay cash or have the cash to buy the car originally in the event of job loss or traumatic event your still able to make payments. I live pretty basic, I know it's different for the married and family men on this forum.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 AM
roxannedetierro is infamous around these parts
No matter what type of credit you have, you can still get an auto loan. That is the very best part of a site I found. Not only did it help me locate a great vehicle for a really inexpensive price; it also helped me get an auto loan regardless of my less-than-perfect credit. How many times have you required further info about a used or new automobile and resorted to an internet search on ”loans for car?” Look no further, all the details you need is located at CarDealExpert.com!

Old 05-18-2013, 01:38 AM
brenan lim is infamous around these parts
Interesting topic. Over the last several months, many of the biggest credit card companies have raised interest rates and tested new annual fees on some products. However, the PenFed Promise Visa is a rarity among charge cards. How so? Try its no-fee structure, for starters. If you or a member of your household is a member of the U.S. armed forces or affiliated group, you are eligible to join Pentagon Federal Credit Union and make an application for the card.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by brenan lim
How so? Try its no-fee structure, for starters. If you or a member of your household is a member of the U.S. armed forces or affiliated group, you are eligible to join Pentagon Federal Credit Union and make an application for the card.
Not just members of the armed forces, you may also join through a small donation to one of a few charities they recommend (I did through a $20 donation to a charity listed on their site).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Used Auto Loan?