996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The little 3.6 that could!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor
DriverSource has a spectacular aura aboutDriverSource has a spectacular aura aboutDriverSource has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
<3 it!

Glad we could help!! Wish we could have made it out to see you do this in person!

Old 10-31-2012, 05:00 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I think Mike has a thing or two to teach the Powell bro's about boost pressure.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Lol, found out Chris gave the wrong TQ specs for the headstuds. Funny thing is now there Tq down twice as much and when we lifted the head at 35psi, so if my math is correct we should be safe to 70psi (LOL). To bad the turbo will be done at 44psi, but knowing Chris he will try 50psi. 224 is no joke glad to see your enjoying it, 1030rwhp is a hand full in these cars.
Matt
PS: Todd bring your car down to our shop, I want to see the spool differences with the 3.8 on the dyno.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 PM
MCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud ofMCGT3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Swole Powell
Lol, found out Chris gave the wrong TQ specs for the headstuds. Funny thing is now there Tq down twice as much and when we lifted the head at 35psi, so if my math is correct we should be safe to 70psi (LOL). To bad the turbo will be done at 44psi, but knowing Chris he will try 50psi. 224 is no joke glad to see your enjoying it, 1030rwhp is a hand full in these cars.
Matt
PS: Todd bring your car down to our shop, I want to see the spool differences with the 3.8 on the dyno.
Hey, I want to come to the Toy Box....
My car has nothing for the 3.8's - there was a massive tailwind! I ran 25 PSI, what the hell is that Offset mode on the boost controller anyway?

Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Swole Powell
so if my math is correct we should be safe to 70psi (LOL)..
i say 80 psi!! There is always
atleast 10 % headroom factored in!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:54 PM
SUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of lightSUPRAVIPER is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats on the MPH!! Very impressive! Way to represent
BEETLEMANIA!! Lol!